Deadline January 5, 2014
Application deadline: January 5, 2014
Salary range: $44,516 - $53,633 plus benefits package
Position Type: Full-time 1.0 FTE
WellFort is a nonprofit, values based organization that provides health promotion and prevention programs, primary health WellFort is a nonprofit, values based organization that provides health promotion and prevention programs, primary health care and works with local residents and other agencies to increase community capacity. Members of the WellFort family include Bloom Clinic, Bramalea CHC, Diabetes Education Program, Four Corners, and Health n’ Smiles. WellFort is committed to providing inclusive, accessible and sustainable programs and services to a diversely rich community through its service delivery philosophy; Open Focused Care. We are seeking individuals with a passion and commitment towards innovation and an inclusive workplace that respects and values the diversity of every individual.
WellFort is now recruiting a full time Community Health Educator for Bramalea Community Health Centre!
- Plan, implement and evaluate the day to day functions of the Centre’s Community programs and initiatives addressing the determinants of health and the needs of BCHC’s priority populations
- Develop community initiatives to address/ minimize the barriers to accessing health care the population health needs of Bramalea residents
- Develop an annual work plan and track progress in collaboration with team members and the Director
- Work with Bramalea residents to increase their capacity to advocate on their own behalf when it comes to accessing health, social service and related services.
- Promotes awareness of and participation in organizational activities and initiatives; ensures community participation in all aspects of the community engagement process
- Represent WellFort/Bramalea CHC at community events, inter-agency committees, networks and coalitions
- Designs and runs both open and closed ended groups to meet client needs. Creates workshops, health promotion materials and displays.
- Build relationships with local communities, including exploring new opportunities to connect, and further the success of various existing initiatives.
- Maintain accurate program and outreach statistics, records and reports
- Undergraduate degree in health sciences, social studies or another relevant field.
- Minimum of three years community outreach and education experience in a community-based health care organization
- Excellent understanding of adult education methodologies and demonstrated experience developing and delivering programs and workshops.
- Familiarity with Region of Peel and the diverse range of service providers, including community service providers, primary care providers, hospital, correctional facilities and ethno-specific organizations.
- Understanding of the issues facing Bramalea CHC’s target populations.
- An advanced understanding and critical analysis of the determinants of health and social factors, such as power and privilege that affect individual, organizational and community health.
- Ability to establish good working relationships with partner agencies which provide the continuum of health and social sector services to clients.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written, along with the ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Proficiency in use of computers, various computer software application, and social media
- Languages relevant to Region of Peel residents a definite asset.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a willingness to participate in WellFort’s commitment to create an inclusive, barrier free health centre and an ability to work interdependently and respectfully in an interdisciplinary team.
This position requires flexibility in hours as the position entails evening and weekend work.
Please forward your resume and cover letter via email to email@example.com.
Please quote “CHE-1213” in the subject line.
No phone calls please. Only successful candidates will be contacted.