Deadline January 10, 2014
Salary Range: $33.97 - $42.47 Per Hour (Pay Grade 6)
Note: Applicants will be considered for interviews based on the information provided in their application to the Region of Halton including a current resume and cover letter. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those under consideration will be contacted.
This position is being offered on a permanent part-time basis working 21 hours per week.
Undergraduate degree in Health Sciences/studies that includes content with special emphasis on health promotion is required. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated knowledge and work experience in health promotion, project management and community mobilization in a public health setting. In addition, the candidate will have skills and experience in researching, developing, implementing and evaluating project plans. Preference will be given to candidates with knowledge or experience in chronic disease prevention and workplace health. Demonstrated experience in program planning, public speaking, event planning and group facilitation is essential Knowledge and practical experience in the areas of behaviour change, social marketing, health promotion planning and program implementation are required. The ideal candidate will have advanced interpersonal, strong communication, facilitation, negotiation and presentation skills with demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with the community and as part of an interdisciplinary team. Familiarity with Halton organizations and issues is preferred. Experience in a computerized work environment with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office is required. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
Travel will be required between locations within Halton Region. Incumbent must supply own transportation. Work outside normal business hours including evening and weekend work will be required.
- Provides consultation, support and co-ordination to internal and external stakeholders, individuals and groups related to chronic disease prevention.
- Plans collaboratively to develop, implement, and evaluate health promotion strategies to achieve chronic disease prevention which are responsive to the needs of the Halton community, in accordance with the Ontario Public Health Standards.
- Functions as a member of a multidisciplinary team, collaborates with public health staff and the community to implement health promotion programs directed towards chronic disease prevention.
- Prepares and submits regular reports on behalf of the Halton Region Health Department as required by the Ministry of Health & Long Term Care.
- Collaborates in the development of operational, communications & marketing plans that promote chronic disease prevention.
- Represents the department on community and corporate committees.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Posted: December 19, 2013
Posting Expiry: January 10, 2014
Posting #: H- 319-13
Note: Personal information collected through the job application process will only be used for the purpose of determining qualifications for employment.
Apply Online: Halton Job Postings http://webaps.halton.ca/about/jobs/JobPostings.cfm