The preliminary program for NRC and OPHA's 2014 Annual Conference Health In All Policies: Advancing an Intersectoral Approach to Promoting Healthy Eating in Ontario is now available online: http://opha.on.ca/getmedia/ba73818f-1b8e-4b0c-bf07-6313e5ee0166/Prelimin....
Health In All Policies (HiAP) is an emerging collaborative approach to improving health by including health, equity, and sustainability considerations into decision-making across sectors and policy areas. This year's conference provides the unique opportunity for you and your colleagues to explore how a HiAP approach can be applied to strengthen Ontario's food system and enhance healthy eating promotion efforts across the province. Topics include:
- Implementing HiAP: a survey of Canadian experiences
- Food-In-All-Policies: including food considerations into policies across sectors
- The Healthy Kids Strategy and opportunities for intersectoral action
- Collaborative initiatives between health and non-health sectors to promote healthy eating
- Using health impact assessments to assess access to healthy foods
- Fostering a culture of intersectoral collaboration
Sessions emphasizing interactive learning and dialogue will allow you to have your voice heard in advancing collaborative efforts to promote healthy eating and nutrition. You will also have the opportunity to network with a truly multisectoral audience including:
- nutrition professionals in public, community, and family health setting
- health promotion professionals from public and private sectors
- representatives from various government ministries
- policy makers from diverse policy areas
- food and health policy researchers
- others who want to enhance collaborative approaches to solving Ontario's food and nutrition issues
Visit the conference website for general information, resources, and registration: http://opha.on.ca/Nutrition-Resource-Centre/Education-events/Event-Detai....
Early-bird registration has been extended to Friday February 7, 2014! Don't forget to register (OPHA members / Non-OPHA members) for great savings!