Deadline February 4, 2014
Status: Temporary Part-Time (up to 35 hours every two weeks; up to 1 year from date of hire)
Employee Group: CUPE Local 4700
Salary: $35.11 less $1 for first six months
Department: Health and Social Services
Division: Haldimand-Norfolk Health Unit
Reports To: Program Manager, Community Health Team
Location: Simcoe Health Unit
Posting Period: January 29, 2014 – February 4, 2014
- To plan, facilitate, implement and evaluate programs that meet the requirements and standards identified in the Ontario Public Health Standards as defined by the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care
- To ensure goals and objectives of the relevant programs are met; research and develop programs/plans that are evidence-based and responsive to community needs; develop health promotion strategies; participate as a member of an interdisciplinary team within the Health Unit; maintain and establish linkages in the community as appropriate; develop and utilize appropriate evaluation tools to be used throughout the program
- To assist in the development and/or acquisition of appropriate resources and provide training when/as needed
- To research and review appropriate resources for potential use within the program
- To maintain a library of current, accurate and appropriate resources for internal Health Unit use and use by other health and education professionals throughout the Counties
Knowledge & Skill:
- Four year university degree in a related discipline (health studies/science), plus over one year, up to and including two years related experience (experience community based, health promotion preferred)
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills
- The ability to use corporate standard computer software
- Proven management and motivation skills accompanied with planning and evaluation skills
- The ability to work independently or as a member of a team
- Must be aware of safe work practices as they relate to job responsibilities and work environment and have the basic understanding of the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- A valid Ontario driver’s license and have access to a vehicle as travel is required
*This position may be required to work occasional evenings and weekends
The Corporation of Norfolk County is an equal opportunity employer. Accessibility accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
Applications must be submitted through email, mail, fax, courier, or in person to Human Resources & Staff Development by 4:30 p.m. on the last day of the posting.
Human Resources & Staff Development – 21 Lynnwood Ave, Simcoe, ON N3Y 2V7 – Phone: (519)428-9711 – Fax: (519) 426-9876 – Email: [email protected]
Successful applicants are required to provide the Employer with a current Criminal Reference Check.
Thank you for your interest in this position. Only those to be interviewed will be contacted.