Deadline February 14, 2014
Are you a recent graduate looking to gain experience in health promotion and community engagement? Are you someone who is interested in the area of health promotion and would like to make a difference in your community?
The Heart and Stroke Foundation is a volunteer-based health charity organization and leader in eliminating heart disease and stroke and reducing their impact through the promotion of healthy living and advocacy. The Foundation is currently looking for health promotion volunteers to work together with a Health Promotion Working Group (in Durham Region, Toronto, Newmarket / Aurora Area, and Peel Region) and the Health Promotion Specialist! This volunteer opportunity will focus on community engagement, building partnerships and reaching out to key stakeholders in various prevention topic areas as identified by the community needs and the interests of the group.
Health Ambassador Volunteers are
- Highly engaged, interested, and active member in their community
- Passionate about health promotion and chronic disease prevention
- Able to participate in advocacy events (i.e. lobby days, Queens park events, campaigns, etc) and attend monthly meetings with Health Promotion Working Groups
- Interested in creating healthy public policies
Health Ambassadors Volunteers will gain
- Knowledge in areas of health promotion, community engagement, healthy public policy
- Health promotion and communication skills
- Event planning, group presentation and leadership skills
- Networking and mentorship opportunities
- Opportunity to make a difference by giving back to your community, help to create a healthy community and pass legislation
- Reference letter will be provided upon completion of projects and attainment of skills
Deadline to apply is February 14, training is ongoing.
If you would like to learn more information about this rewarding opportunity, please contact Karen Karagheusian at [email protected] or 647 943 3153.