Deadline February 7, 2014
Salary Range: $36.03 - $44.34 per hour (ONA)
Note: Applicants will be considered for interviews based on the information provided in their application to the Region of Halton including a current resume and cover letter. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those under consideration will be contacted.
This position is being offered on a permanent full-time basis working 35 hours per week.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing which includes preparation in Public Health Nursing or Registered Nurse with a Certificate in Public Health Nursing from a recognized University is required. Currently holds a Certificate of Registration from the College of Nurses of Ontario. Must have knowledge and experience related to health promotion strategies with children and families as well as a good knowledge of community supports and services. Must have knowledge and skills related to community development, coalition building, education, policy development, individual consultation and group facilitation. Must have a demonstrated ability to work in an interdisciplinary setting and have excellent communication skills and be able to represent the Health Department, and the Early Years Health Program when in the community. Strong computer and project management skills, including organization and time management, are also needed. Certification, training or accreditation in any of the following would be considered an asset: car seat, breastfeeding, Nobody’s Perfect, Triple P. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
Extensive daily travel may be required between locations within Halton Region. Incumbent must supply own transportation and have a valid Ontario “G” class driver’s license. Must be willing to work some weekends and/or evenings.
- Using standards of promoting health, building individual/community capacity, building relationships, facilitating access and equity, and professional responsibility and accountability, the nursing duties will include the following:
- Responsible for delivering Public Health Programs with an emphasis on comprehensive health promotion programming to young children, families and caregivers.
- Provides health programs and services, which include, but are not limited to, consultation, education and skills development, counseling, creating environments supportive of healthy choices, facilitation of adult education groups for individuals and families within the early years.
- Delivers services in community settings that can include community agencies, schools, Ontario Early Years Centres, childcare centres, and community-based projects within neighbourhoods. Programs within these settings target individuals, families or groups.
- Functions as a member of a team; collaborates with other public health program staff, services for children and the community to deliver health promotion programs directed towards injury prevention, mental health promotion, positive parenting, and heart health/cancer risk reduction.
- Provides Health Department representation on community based coalitions and groups.
- Responsible for keeping accurate health records and statistical information.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
Posted: January 31, 2014
Posting Expiry: February 7, 2014
Posting #: H-66-14
Note: Personal information collected through the job application process will only be used for the purpose of determining qualifications for employment.
Halton Job Postings: http://webaps.halton.ca/about/jobs/JobPostings.cfm