Deadline June 9, 2014
Salary range: $49,452 - $61,815 (Pay Grade 4)
Note: Applicants will be considered for interviews based on the information provided in their application to the Region of Halton including a current resume and cover letter. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those under consideration will be contacted.
This position is being offered on a permanent full-time basis working 35 hours per week.
Current Certificate of Competence as an RPN from the College of Nurses of Ontario required. Successful completion of an approved medication course for the RPN is required. Recent clinical practice with at least two (2) years’ experience in immunization. Preference will be given to those with previous immunization experience in all age groups (infants to seniors). Thorough understanding of the current Publicly Funded Immunization Schedule for Ontario is required. Knowledge and understanding of the Vaccine Storage and Handling Guidelines is essential. Knowledge of best practices in infection prevention and control is essential. Excellent verbal communication skills and knowledge of health promotion are essential.. Must be proficient with computers and a variety of software including Microsoft Office applications. Experience with electronic patient records, IRIS and/or Panorama applications is an asset. Current certification in CPR is preferred. Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
Travel will be required between locations within Halton Region. Incumbent must supply own transportation. Requires flexible availability to accommodate day and evening work. Up to date immunization record is required.
- Functions as a member of a multi-disciplinary team, providing to support other members of the team.
- Operates under medical directives to provide clinical services such as immunizations and Mantoux tests.
- Ensures compliance with legislated requirements, including assessment and maintenance of immunization records and client records.
- Ensures compliance with vaccine storage and handling protocols through cold chain inspections and education.
- Provides immunization in school and community-based clinics.
- Responsible for utilizing an electronic data base to record immunizations and maintain immunization records in compliance with provincial legislation and relevant security policies.
- Provides information and counselling to health professionals and individuals on immunization and infection control issues
- Maintains currency in immunization, infection prevention and control and infectious disease information.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Posted: June 2, 2014
Posting Expires: June 9, 2014
Posting #: H-176-14
Note: Personal information collected through the job application process will only be used for the purpose of determining qualifications for employment.
Halton Job Postings: http://webaps.halton.ca/about/jobs/JobPostings.cfm