June 10, 2014
11:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. (EST)
RNAO's Mental Health and Addictions Initiative is pleased to present the Opioids Webinar Series, in partnership with the Centre for Addictions and Mental Health (CAMH) OpiATE initiative.
The goal of this webinar series is to support nurses and other health-care professionals in implementing and sustaining addiction and mental health best practices. The series is intended for nurses and other primary-care professionals working with clients who may experience substance abuse issues.
The objectives of this webinar are to:
- Examine how alcohol and substance use is changing for women in Ontario and what that means to health and social service providers
- Discuss the impact on pregnancy
- Examine the effects of substance use on newborns
- Examine evidence based strategies for prevention and harm reduction
- Look at the roles each of us can play to help in prevention and harm reduction
Space is limited.