Deadline July 18, 2014
Maternity Leave Contract
1 year – Full-time
Maternity Leave Term: September 29, 2014 – September 25, 2015
Hours of Work: 35 hours per week
Location: Cobourg, Ontario
The Northumberland Family Health Team (21 physicians) is seeking a dynamic team player to join an innovative primary health care team. The Northumberland Family Health Team (NFHT) is a primary care organization based on a collaborative interdisciplinary model emphasizing health promotion and prevention and chronic disease management.
As a member of a multidisciplinary team, your primary role will be to provide nutritional assessments, counselling and education to individuals and groups. The registered dietitian acts as a resource to, and works in collaboration with the members of the NFHT as well as the patients and their families.
- Baccalaureate of Science in Nutrition or equivalent, required
- Registered Dietitian with the College of Dietitians of Ontario, required
- Canadian Diabetes Educator Certification is an asset
- Ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative team
- Experience in assessment and counselling in a primary care setting is an asset
- Knowledge of chronic disease self-management principles
- Ability to prioritize, manage time effectively and be flexible in a very active work environment
- Excellent oral, written skills and report writing in a clinical setting
- Proficiency in the use of computers and EMR systems
- Demonstrated effective leadership, coaching, educational and counselling skills
- Experience in program development, facilitation and evaluation
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
Interested, qualified candidates are asked to submit a resume by July 18th to Tracy West at [email protected]. The Northumberland Family Health Team thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.