Deadline June 18, 2014
Contract Position, 11 Months, Full-Time
Employment Term: June 30, 2014 – May 31, 2015 (start date may be flexible)
Hours of Work: 35 hours per week
Location: Cobourg, Ontario
The Cobourg Health Centre in conjunction with the Northumberland Family Health Team is seeking a dynamic team player to join a new, innovative “home-based” transition care team. The Medically Complex Care Demonstration Project is funded by the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care and will focus on improving processes of care and improving patient outcomes. The target population is patients over the age of 65 who have COPD and/or CHF and have had an admission to Northumberland Hills Hospital or multiple ER visits and who are identified as being at high risk of readmission.
The NP will work within the full scope of the RN (EC) class in a patient-centered model of care and provide an integral role as “Care Manager” for the patients involved in this unique project.
- Baccalaureate or Masters in Nursing.
- Successful completion of post-graduate Primary Care Nurse Practitioner program.
- Current extended class registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Current membership with RNAO, including professional liability insurance program
- Basic CPR certification.
- Current Ontario Drivers’ License.
- Demonstrated experience in Community and/or Primary Care Setting.
- Demonstrated experience in the area of chronic disease management and prevention
- Ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative team
- Excellent oral, written skills and report writing in a clinical setting
- Proficiency in the use of computers and EMR systems
Interested, qualified candidates are asked to submit a resume to Tracy West at firstname.lastname@example.org by
June 18, 2014. We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.