Deadline June 13, 2014
Location: Community Health Services - Early Years Health Program
Position: Public Health Nurse
Salary Range: $36.03 - $44.34 per hour (ONA)
NOTE: Applicants will be considered for interviews based on the information provided in their application to the Region of Halton including a current resume and cover letter. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those under consideration will be contacted.
This position is being offered on a permanent full-time basis working 35 hours per week.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing which includes preparation in Public Health Nursing or Registered Nurse with a Certificate in Public Health Nursing from a recognized University is required. Currently holds a Certificate of Registration from the College of Nurses of Ontario. A Certificate in Breastfeeding Management is required. Must have knowledge of health promotion and experience in community development in the areas of preconception and maternal child health. Strong project management skills including organizational and time management skills, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including group facilitation skills and computer software proficiency are essential. Experience with social media is an asset. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
This position may require weekend and evening work to support the Early Years Health Program. Extensive daily travel may be required between locations within Halton Region. Incumbent must supply own transportation.
- Using standards of promoting health, building individual/community capacity, building relationships, facilitating access and equity, and professional responsibility and accountability, the nursing duties will include the following:
- Responsible for health promotion and health education, within preconception, and maternal child health within a generalized Public Health Program.
- Provides services, which include, but are not limited to, facilitation of adult education groups for individuals and families within preconception, pregnancy and parenting.
- Provides breastfeeding support and promotion.
- Provides Health Department representation on community based coalitions and groups.
- Responsible for keeping accurate health records and statistical information.
- Collaborates with other public health program staff, Children’s Services staff and the community to deliver health promotion programs directed towards injury prevention, mental health promotion, maternal infant health, pre-conception health and heart health/cancer risk reduction.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
Posted: June 5, 2014
Posting Expiry: June 13, 2014
Posting #: H-178-14
NOTE: Personal information collected through the job application process will only be used for the purpose of determining qualifications for employment.
Halton Job Postings: http://webaps.halton.ca/about/jobs/JobPostings.cfm