Deadline June 13, 2014
Location: Community Health Services – School Years Program
Position: Public Health Nurse (2 positions)
Salary Range: $36.03 - $44.34 per hour (ONA)
NOTE: Applicants will be considered for interviews based on the information provided in their application to the Region of Halton including a current resume and cover letter. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those under consideration will be contacted.
There are two positions being offered on permanent full-time basis working 35 hours per week.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing or Registered Nurse with a Certificate in Public Health Nursing from a recognized University is required. Currently holds a Certificate of Annual Registration from the College of Nurses of Ontario. The ideal candidate will have broad knowledge and experience in health promotion strategies, project management, evaluation, healthy public policy and community development in a public health or community health setting. The candidate will have the skills to build community relationships, coalitions, and provide consultation specific to child and youth health promotion. Knowledge and practical experience in promoting healthy schools, child and youth mental health promotion, asset building and parenting will be assets. Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and strong computer skills are required. French or additional language skills would be considered an asset. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
Travel will be required between locations within Halton Region. Incumbent must supply own transportation. This position requires weekend and evening work to meet program needs.
- Using standards of promoting health, building individual/community capacity, building relationships, facilitating access and equity, and professional responsibility and accountability, the nursing duties will include the following:
- Consults with schools on building healthy school communities, healthy child and youth development, child and youth assets, parenting, mental health promotion, chronic disease prevention and substance, injury and violence prevention.
- Builds community and school relationships, partnerships and coalitions specific to child and youth health promotion and strategies.
- Represents the Health department on community and corporate committees.
- Functions as a member of a team: collaborates with health department, division and the community to implement health promotion programs.
- Keeps accurate health records and statistical information.
- Assists in strategy and project development within the School Years Health Program.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
Posted: June 5, 2014
Posting Expiry: June 13, 2014
Posting #: H-184-14
NOTE: Personal information collected through the job application process will only be used for the purpose of determining qualifications for employment. Questions about the job application process can be directed to the contact to the right: Halton Job Postings, http://webaps.halton.ca/about/jobs/JobPostings.cfm