Deadline February 20, 2015
Green Communities Canada is currently accepting applications for designation as a WALK Friendly Community.
Some of the benefits of applying for a designation include:
- Access to resources to assist with on-going improvements
- Brings all walking related plans, policies and programs together in one document – a great resource for municipal staff
- Builds stronger relationships with stakeholders around walkability
- Provides valuable feedback from a team of walkability experts
- Benchmarks you progress and provides a plan of action to move forward
- Potential for marketing the community to attract new residents and businesses
The Application Guide is designed to assist communities in making application and we encourage communities to review it before beginning the process of completing the application.
The deadline for applications is February 20th.