Deadline January 19, 2015
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Strategic Initiatives, the Special Events Coordinator, Toronto is responsible for the planning, coordinating and successful delivery of Parkinson SuperWalk Toronto, held in September. Specific responsibilities include: managing all aspects of the Toronto SuperWalk event, securing sponsors and supporting individual fundraisers throughout the region. Other responsibilities include: Parkinson’s Cut-a-thon, the Nevada campaign, assistance with donor related events and community fundraising.
- Plan and implement all aspects of the Toronto walk working with volunteers as necessary
- Develop & implement growth strategies for the Toronto walk
- Organize meetings of staff and volunteers related to Parkinson Superwalk for Toronto
- Work with individual walkers to ensure that PSCNO walkers are supported in their online and offline fundraising efforts
- As required, work with individual regional staff on specific initiatives which are consistent with our regional goals
- Manage & provide stewardship of established individual relationships, walkers and donors
- Other special event coordination: Cut-a-thon, the TMX event, managing the Nevada program and support of third party events as required
- Donation processing and tracking
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in appropriate discipline
- 1-2 years’ experience in event management/donor related environment
- Demonstrated understanding of the principles and best practices in event management.
- Excellent administration & organizational skills with demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks, set priorities and meet deadlines
- Strong communications & interpersonal skills with ability to work with volunteers and staff both locally and nationally.
- Excellent written & oral communication skills
- A high degree of initiative, attention to details, excellent time management and multi-tasking skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and other core computer applications
- Familiarity with online fundraising solutions (i.e. Blackbaud Convio Luminate) and Fundraising Database Software (Sage FR100 or Raiser’s Edge)
If you would like to join a dynamic team, please send your resume, in confidence stating salary expectations on or before January 19, 2015
If you are passionate about fundraising with impact, come join a team that makes a tremendous difference in the lives of Canadians living with Parkinson’s. Please send your résumé, in confidence stating salary expectations on or before Monday, January 19, 2015.
Parkinson Society Canada
4211 Yonge Street, Suite 316
Toronto, Ontario M2P 2A9
E-mail: [email protected]
Please quote Reference SWC-0115.