Deadline January 25, 2015
Closing Date: Sun., Jan. 25, 2015
Department: Public Health
Location: Public Health Welland
Type: Temporary Full-Time
Duration: 12 to 18 months
Union: ONA9 Health
Salary: $36.19 - $42.49 per hour
Work Hours: 35 hrs / week, Temporary Duration
Approximate Duration: 12 to 18 months
The Public Health Nurse (PHN) provides services in health promotion, health protection and disease treatment and prevention for individuals, families, groups and communities, under the direction of the Senior Management Team of Niagara Region Public Health (NRPH) and guided by the strategic plan, the Ontario Public Health Standards, the Canadian Public Health Association competencies, Community Health Nursing standards and the College of Nurses of Ontario standards.
The PHN combines knowledge from public health, social and nursing sciences to engage in assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of public health programs and services.
Services are provided through home or office visits, community clinics and presentations, agency liaison and collaboration.
The PHN works according to program specific plans, policies and procedures of Niagara Region Public Health.
- Experience in a community health or public health setting is an asset
- Experience with youth, children, and/or families
- Baccalaureate degree required in Nursing (BScN)
- Current Registration as a Registered Nurse with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Current certificate in CPR.
- Past accomplishments will demonstrate excellent communication skills (verbal and written), group presentation and facilitation skills, counseling skills and the ability to work effectively on a multidisciplinary team
- Computer literacy is required.
- French language skills an asset.
- May require a Criminal Records Check and Canadian Police Clearance Certificate
- May require tuberculin skin test
- Work flexible hours including weekend standby and/or evening hours
- Completion of anaphylaxis response training upon hire
- Participation in annual influenza vaccination campaign/mass immunization as required
- Must be able to travel throughout the Niagara Region to various locations
- An annual influenza vaccine is recommended
- This position is subject to weekends.
- We appreciate receipt of all applications; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be acknowledged.
View and apply online at http://www.niagararegion.ca/government/hr/careers/job-posting.aspx?j=125....