Deadline February 6, 2015
Requesting a quotation for the following: We require a contract service provider to assist in the development an Active Living Implementation Plan for the Town of Mattawa, Ontario. The successful service provider will have experience in policy development, community planning, large group facilitation, and report writing.
A Rural Active Living Assessment (RALA) was completed in 2014 as part of the Healthy Communities project for the Town of Mattawa. This report provided an evaluation of the existing infrastructure, transportation, and recreation spaces that facilitate physical activity, active transportation, and active living in the Mattawa community as well as recommendations for increasing activity levels within the population. The Town of Mattawa with support from the North Bay Parry Sound District Health Unit is now interested in developing an Active Living Implementation Plan that will facilitate the development of active transportation and physical activity support policies during their Official Plan review process.
The successful contract service provider will be required to:
- Create a detailed work plan for review by the project team
- Develop community assessment tools that will be used to gain input from community members, organizations, and municipal staff and elected officials
- Facilitate a suggested minimum of 3 community engagement workshops or assessment methods to gain a full understanding of community facilities, behaviours, and barriers with regards to physical activity and active transportation
- Develop a community survey that can be done online or hard copy for those community members who cannot attend community sessions or wish to remain anonymous at time of input
- Develop final draft of the Active Living Implementation Plan report that summarizes all findings, policy options, and recommendations that will be present to council in early Spring 2015.
During the project process, Health Unit and municipal staff will support the successful contract service provider by providing data collection guidelines, preliminary contact information and other project materials as needed. The consultant must be willing to collaborate with project team in the facilitation of the data collection, analysis and writing phases of the project. The consultant will report directly to the Healthy Communities project staff lead of North Bay Parry Sound District Health Unit.
The service provider must be willing to travel to the community of Mattawa to conduct workshops and assessments as required. Interviews may be completed by telephone or other technology such as SKYPE where appropriate.
Timeline: Anticipated project completion date – March 31st, 2015
Total budget: To be determined based on proposed work plan outline and hours required.
Please return quote: Friday, February 6th, 2015 at 4:00 p.m.
Date Issued: January 20, 2015
Attention: Brenda Marshall, Manager Healthy Living Team
Phone: 705-474-1400 x2629
Email: [email protected]
If you require any additional information, please use contact information noted above.
“The lowest or any quote not necessarily accepted.”
Your quote, once submitted will remain strictly confidential.