Deadline February 5, 2015
Status: Temporary Part Time (approximately 12 months)
Dept: Peel Region Cancer Centre – Credit Valley Hospital
Posted: January 29, 2015
Internal Deadline: February 5, 2015
The Smoking Cessation Consultant provides smoking cessation counselling to tobacco users within the oncology patient population at the Carlo Fidani Regional Cancer Centre. In addition, the Smoking Cessation Consultant will assist in the project coordination and planning of smoking cessation activities to promote continuous staff engagement and adoption, and ensure alignment with smoking cessation activities across Trillium Health Partners.
- Completion of a bachelor degree in nursing or health related discipline is required; or an equivalent combination of education
- Prior experience or education in Smoking Cessation counseling preferred.
- Ability to analyze data, problem solve, and develop solutions to resolve problems.
- Highly organized, self-directed and innovative to ensure the smooth day-to-day operations of the program and program sustainability.
- Exceptional leadership and professional practice skills.
- Experience in delivery of patient and staff education.
- Able to work both independently and collaboratively with diverse inter-professional teams/units.
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written
- Good understanding of the health care sector; experience in the cancer care field would be an asset
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook); experience with scheduling systems an asset
- Satisfactory performance and attendance required
- Oversee day-to-day operations of the Smoking Cessation Program in the Cancer Centre
- Provide in-person clinical consultation to the oncology patient population as well as provide telephone follow-up counseling, as required.
- Provide support to staff regarding program components, smoking cessation counseling and intervention including pharmacotherapy.
- Implement best practice guidelines in smoking cessation, partnering with quality leaders and stakeholders to improve health outcomes.
- Identify, motivate, and mentor Smoking Cessation Champions and oncology nurses.
Internal candidates who believe they possess the necessary qualifications and experience for this position and who have been in their current position for at least six (6) months are encouraged to apply.
To pursue this career opportunity, please visit our website: http://www.trilliumhealthpartners.ca
Trillium Health Partners is committed to fostering a healthy and positive work environment in accordance with applicable legislation, including the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations, as well as the organization’s policies and procedures.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Trillium Health Partners will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation. All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
We will accommodate your needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Trillium Health Partners is identified under the French Language Services Act.