North Bay, Ontario
Deadline March 2, 2015
Hours of Work: Permanent – Full-Time – 28 Hours Per Week (0.80 FTE) with a Temporary Increase in Hours to 35 Hours Per Week (1.00 FTE) until January 1, 2016
Effective: March 16, 2015
Location: Main Office – North Bay
Additional Info: Vacant Position
Position Summary: Working as a member of the Healthy Babies Healthy Children Team, the Family Home Visitor in consultation with a Public Health Nurse, assists families to eliminate hurt, meet basic needs and promote the growth and development of their children by: arranging and visiting families, contracting with families to jointly address issues, planning and preparing materials for developmental education and demonstration in the home, helping the family find the appropriate resources, reviewing family progress on a regular basis, completing all necessary forms, reports and charts and actively participating in meetings, training sessions and events as required.
Education, Experience, Skills & Abilities:
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (Grade 12)
- Valid CPR Certification
- Consent to Children’s Aid Society (CAS) file disclosure
- Experience and sensitivity in caring for children/families
- Understanding and support of the goals and objectives of the Healthy Babies Healthy Children program
- Nurturing and accepting differences in others
- Strong interpersonal, communication, organizational and planning skills
- Effective problem-solving skills and response to crisis situations
- Fluency in both official languages – advanced verbal and written - Please Note: A formal French proficiency test will be done to evaluate proficiency level
- Maturity with a high level of motivation
- Resourcefulness in linking families with appropriate community supports
- Ability to use computer technology including MS Word, Power Point, Internet, E-mail and Social Media
- Ability to work flex hours
- Ability to work cooperatively, maintain flexible working relationships, maintain confidentiality and discretion
- Requires a valid “G” Ontario Driver’s’ Licence and access to a reliable vehicle
As a condition of employment, the successful candidate will be required to provide a Criminal Reference Check including the Vulnerable Sector Check: recent, within four (4) months at their expense and will be required to comply with the Health Unit’s immunization policies. Applicants requiring accommodation for the interview are asked to make such requests only when contacted for an interview.
Hourly Rate: Minimum $22.42 to Maximum $25.23
Closing Date: March 2, 2015 at 4:00 p.m.
Please forward your resume, cover letter and proof of education required for this position to:
Wendy Moore, Human Resources Assistant Attention: Job #2015/007
North Bay Parry Sound District Health Unit, 681 Commercial Street, North Bay, ON P1B 4E7
or E-mail: [email protected]
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Once posting is closed, please refer to website for status of job posting.
The Health Unit is an Equal Opportunity Employer