Deadline March 13, 2015
Are you passionate about the importance of healthy eating for health and well-being?
Do you understand the complex issues around keeping a healthy weight?
Do you want to help both individuals and your community as a whole?
Then you can use your degree and experience in dietetics to help us improve the lives of our 100,000 residents.
We are looking for a dynamic Registered Dietitian to work with our municipalities, school boards and numerous community groups to both educate our partners and influence healthy public policy. Your focus will be on promoting healthy eating to the community at large, school and workplace nutrition, and addressing local food security issues.
You will also work hands on as a resource for the community, instructing cooking workshops and providing individual support to a wide variety of community audiences.
What you need:
- A 4 year Bachelor Degree in Foods and Nutrition.
- A one year accredited dietetic internship which meets the requirements of the College of Dietitians of Ontario.
- Current Certificate of Competence from the College of Dietitians of Ontario.
- Demonstrated group facilitation, organization, interpersonal and communication skills.
- To be self directed with ability to work with minimum supervision.
- A valid Ontario driver’s license, use of a vehicle and willingness to travel within the district.
This position requires normal working hours of 8:30 – 4:30 with occasional evening events. This position is located in our main Belleville office and will require travel throughout Hastings and Prince Edward Counties.
The Health Unit offers a competitive salary and a full suite of benefits.
Apply to [email protected] no later than 4:30 pm on Friday March 13, 2015
The Health Unit welcomes those with disabilities; to make arrangements for accommodation in the recruitment process, please indicate this in your submission.