No deadline noted
Position Type: Part-time Contract (14 hours weekly (0.4 FTE)), from May 19 to September 4, 2015)
Start Date: May 19, 2015
Pay: $211,375.98 (this salary assumes a 35 hour work week, whereas this position is 14 hours weekly and will be prorated accordingly)
Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team, the physician delivers high quality primary care and promotes healthy lifestyle choices for clients.
- Provide primary health care to clients, using an approach that is client-centred and non-judgmental, and taking into account psychological and medical risk factors and the social determinants of health
- Communicate in a manner that can be understood by the client and their families
- Share on call duties with physicians from the Queen’s University Department of Family Medicine
- Act as health advocate and make effective use of health care resources (e.g. consultants, hospital facilities, Telemedicine) to benefit the client
- Provide consultation for clients and support to the Primary Health Care team, as required
- Contribute to developing, implementing, monitoring, and evaluating medical protocols and directives
- Maintain accurate records of client visits and encounters, including phone encounters, using KCHC’s charting and recording formats
- Supervise residents from Queen’s Family Medicine and KFLA Public Health
- Assist in health services planning and programming by participating on committees, supporting programs, and sharing information about identified health needs within the community as obtained through client encounters
- Participate in developing procedures and protocols to improve client services and staff functioning
Basic Education and Experience Requirements
- Certification in Family Medicine by the College of Family Physicians (CCFP)
- Registration with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario is in good standing
- Three years’ experience providing primary care (experience working in a community health setting an asset)
- Experience providing obstetrical care (asset)
- Proficiency with office based computer systems and relevant software applications including electronic medical records (experience with Nightingale on Demand an asset)
- Complies with all relevant legislation and KCHC policies, including privacy laws
- Supports consistent application of KCHC policies and procedures
- Supports program policy and procedure development
- Maintains competence through continuing training and development
- Supports KCHC’s student and volunteer placement programs
- Promotes awareness of and participation in KCHC activities
- Organizational abilities
- Problem solving
- Communication skills
- Team player
- Negotiation skills
- Time management
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning and quality improvement
- French language is an asset
- Current and satisfactory Criminal and Vulnerable Persons Check
Please include a cover letter clearly outlining how your skills and experiences correspond with the specific job qualifications along with your resume.
Save all documents as a single file using your own name (Last, First). A PDF format is preferred.
Email to [email protected] citing reference “KPHYS-2015” in the subject line.
Please address application to Human Resources Department
As a registered professional, to abide by and be accountable to the ethics and standards set out by the College of Physicians and Surgeons.
All KCHC staff have a duty to understand and follow KCHC policies, uphold high ethical and professional standards, and maintain confidentiality and privacy, using tact and good judgment in all dealings with other staff and clients.
KCHC is an equal opportunity employer, respecting and embracing the needs and diversity of our employees. If you require an accommodation to fully participate in the hiring process, please notify the Human Resources Department.
Kingston Community Health Centres
263 Weller Avenue
Kingston, ON K7K 2V4