Deadline May 15, 2015
The Association of Ontario Midwives (AOM) is seeking a part-time Research Coordinator to join our vibrant and energetic organization. As a member of the Clinical Practice Guidelines (CPG) team, the Research Coordinator is responsible for creating and executing search strategies, literature searches, and developing methods of organizing retrieved research articles. The Research Coordinator is also responsible for appraising relevant research articles and writing annotated bibliographies or research summaries for clinical topics during an exciting period of growth, challenge and opportunity for midwifery in Ontario.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Conduct and record systemic literature searches related to clinical research questions, evaluate research using appraisal tools and write research summaries or annotated bibliographies, as assigned.
- Analyze, appraise and collate research data relevant to the work of the AOM to ensure information resources are responsive to team needs.
- Organize, develop and maintain a library database and/or reference management database of relevant clinical and educational materials that is user-friendly for AOM staff.
- Contribute to the development and dissemination of print and electronic knowledge translation materials.
- Assist with development and implementation of knowledge translation strategies for clinical resources and/or AOM clinical practice guidelines.
- Assist with focus groups, analysis of data and transcription, as required. Prepare reports.
- University degree in midwifery or related health discipline. Excellent research, critical appraisal and writing skills.
- Highly skilled in literature search strategies using common health science databases. Highly proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), Mendeley and/or other reference management programs.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, deadlines and demands.
- Excellent initiative and the capacity to work in a self-directed manner. Experience with or knowledge of midwifery.
- Knowledge of Grading of Recommendations Assessment, Development and Evaluation (GRADE) is an asset.
- Knowledge of HTML is an asset.
This is a part-time one-year contract, with the possibility of renewal. This position is based in the Toronto office.
A resume and cover letter should be sent by 5.00pm on May 15, 2015 to:
(edit: Past deadline - contact information removed)
Please include “Research Coordinator” in the subject line. Please note that resumes received will be held confidential, shared with the selection committee only, and be used only for the purposes of selection for this position.
For more information on the Association of Ontario Midwives, visit http://www.aom.on.ca.
We can only reply to those candidates who will be selected for an interview, but thank all applicants for their interest in this position.