Kirkland Lake, Ontario
Deadline June 5, 2015
Permanent, Full-Time 35 Hrs
Timiskaming Health Unit is seeking a motivated professional, with experience or interest in working with school and workplace settings using a comprehensive health promotion approach to influence the development and implementation of healthy policies and programs, and the creation or enhancement of supportive environments. Other assignment areas could include health and well-being of older adults. The individual will be expected to apply knowledge of population health strategies for health promotion, protection and disease prevention.
- Baccalaureate degree in Nursing;
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario;
- Knowledge of Public Health programming and service delivery;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and facilitation skills;
- Some knowledge base of the theory and practice of community health population intervention;
- Experience with planning and community assessments is an asset;
- Fluently bilingual in both official languages is essential;
- Transportation to meet programming needs.
Applications will be accepted until June 5, 2015. Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please apply to:
Randy Winters, Manager of Finance and Administration
Timiskaming Health Unit
247 Whitewood Avenue, Unit 43
P.O. Box 1090
New Liskeard, ON POJ 1PO
Timiskaming Health Unit is committed to an inclusive, barrier free environment. We encourage all applicants to self-identify their barriers on their resumes and/or cover letter in order to provide accommodations in all steps of the hiring process. This is to ensure that all are able to participate fully and equally during the recruitment and selection process.