Deadline June 1, 2015
Permanent - Full time position
Start Date: Immediately
Hours of Work: 35 hours per week
Location: Cobourg, Ontario
An exciting opportunity is now available for a Social Worker/Mental Health Worker to work in a collaborative model of care as part of an interdisciplinary team led by committed family physicians in the Cobourg area. The Northumberland Family Health Team (NFHT) provides primary health care, including chronic disease management, health promotion and disease prevention.
The successful candidate will provide a full range of case management, navigational and counseling services. The role requires a thorough understanding of the social determinants of health as well as a thorough understanding of mental health issues in a primary care context and available community resources. The Social Worker/Mental Health worker will support the Adult Mental Health Program by providing individual, couples and family therapy. The development and delivery of workshops will also be required.
Qualifications, Skill and Experience
- Masters degree in a related field and membership with corresponding College
- Ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative team
- Demonstrated systems navigation/case management experience
- Expertise in working with mental health diagnoses such as mood disorders, concurrent disorders and anxiety disorders
- Experience with delivering specific therapeutic approaches such as cognitive behavior therapy, crisis intervention, brief solution focus approach, mindfulness Based Stress Management practices would be an asset.
- Knowledge of local community services, support and resources and knowledge of income support programs and criteria
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills and excellent report writing skills
Interested, qualified candidates are asked to submit a resume by June 1, 2015 to Tracy West at [email protected]. The Northumberland Family Health Team thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.