Deadline May 27, 2015
Part-time Position Available (17.5 hrs per week)
The Nurse Practitioner will join our dynamic inter-professional team in providing holistic, comprehensive primary health care services to individuals, families and communities in the inner city. A Registered Nurse, Extended Class, in good standing with the Ontario College of Nurses, will use advanced assessment, physical examination, therapeutic and diagnostic skills to treat, counsel or refer clients to other service providers. Using a collaborative approach, the
Nurse Practitioner will work with other team members in health promotion and disease prevention which may include individual, group or community interventions.
Attractions of this position include: excellent job satisfaction; able to work to full scope of practice; input into clinic functioning; support from an inter-professional team at a well-established, fully accredited health centre; commitment to ••• hour appointment times; flexible environment; excellent employee benefits package; free parking onsite; located near the 403.
The successful candidate should have:
- BScN with Nurse Practitioner certificate and registered with the Ontario College of Nurses in Extended Class
- Broad-based nursing experience
- Excellent clinical, assessment and problem solving skills
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills, and strong problem solving skills
- Interest and experience in working in primary health care, preferably in a community health setting, and as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Experience with and sensitivity to issues impacting on clients and communities accessing in the Centre in the inner city
- Experience with marginalized and vulnerable populations, especially those living with chronic and complex health conditions and social situations
- Knowledge of the community health centre sector is an asset.
Interested individuals should forward a resume and covering letter by May 27, 2015 to:
Nurse Practitioner Hiring Committee
Hamilton Urban Core Community Health Centre
71 Rebecca Street
Hamilton, Ontario L8R 1B6
Hamilton Urban Core CHC is committed to equity in employment.