No deadline noted
Parent Action on Drugs (www.parentactionondrugs.org) is seeking a qualified Board member to serve a two year term (renewable) on a small, active Board of Directors for a growing, dynamic provincial organization.
Parent Action on Drugs (PAD) has addressed the issues related to youth substance use since 1983. PAD develops and disseminates a range of programs and resources for parents, youth, educators, health promoters and communities. We aim to reduce the harms associated with the use of alcohol and other drugs and increase informed decision-making and build resiliency among youth. The PAD Board of Directors provides strategic direction and operational oversight to ensure the effectiveness and longevity of the organization.
Candidates should have an understanding of not-for-profit organizations and experience at the management, planning and/or policy development levels in a health promotion, service delivery or government organization concerned with youth health.
Board member responsibilities include:
- Prepare for, attend and actively participate in Board meetings (8-10 per year)
- Participate in one Standing Committee and ad hoc committees as necessary
- Be informed about the issues related to the responsible management of the organization including financial and legal obligations
- Support the organization’s mission and strategic direction
- Advocate to others about the organization
- Ensure the organization in is compliance with policies and directives
- Adhere to legal and ethical standards
- At this time, we are seeking candidates with experience and expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- Substantive knowledge of youth substance use/general health promotion/senior level experience in the social service or education sectors
- Marketing and promotion, including web-based marketing
- Fund development and fundraising.
Time commitment is approximately 5 hours per month; meetings are typically held in North York and are accessible by subway.
Interested candidates are welcome to contact Diane Buhler, Executive Director at [email protected] to apply (with resume or Linked-in) or for more information.