Deadline June 19, 2015
Parks and Recreation Ontario, in partnership with Play Works - founder of the Youth Friendly Community Recognition Program - presents the MBA, which will:
- offer information on trends and issues relevant to working with youth (ages 13 to 19 years)
- share information on best practices - what works and why
- develop networks to strengthen the approach to working with youth
November 25-26, 2015
Kempenfelt Conference Centre
The MBA audience is managers of youth programs and staff who work directly in these programs. Delegates come from municipal recreation/community services departments, not-for-profit agencies, community sports groups, faith organizations, health and health promotion units, schools, post secondary educational institutions, and social service organizations.
Presenters are invited to submit topics of interest to managers and staff who offer programs and services for youth ages 13 to 19 years (or any subset of that age range). Presentations are being sought to cover topics such as:
- Youth advocacy strategies
- Addressing mental health issues in youth programs
- Innovative youth programming
- Engaging unengaged or disenfranchised youth
- Strategies to enhance the work of youth advisory councils
- Good practices which represent one or more of the 16 Youth Friendly Community criteria (visit http://www.playworkspartnership.ca for more information)
- Strategies which bring to life one or more of the 20 youth outcomes found in the Ministry of Children and Youth Services' Stepping Up Framework (visit http://www.children.gov.on.ca/htdocs/English/index.aspx for more information)
More information on this opportunity can be found in the Call for Presenters: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/NPNKTSX
The submission deadline is Monday, June 19, 2015.
It's going to be a great year for a celebration both for presenters and delegates, so save the date now!