Thunder Bay, Ontario
Deadline January 22, 2016
Job Title: Senior Planning and Integration Consultant
Reports to: Director, Health System Design and Development (Hsdd)
Jobs Reporting: None
Division / Department: Health System Transformation (HST) – Health System Design and
Location: North West LHIN, Thunder Bay, Ontario
Reporting to the Director, Health System Design and Development, the consultant is a resource for community stakeholders including the management of community issues and concerns and provides support to other LHIN program areas to identify and implement appropriate communication and stakeholder engagement methods. Responsible with the management of complex planning projects, integration activities, and providing advice to the executive team and staff regarding planning and research.
Responsible for planning, community engagement and identifying gaps and barriers in the local health system, to better coordinate, plan, develop and support implementation of strategies to advance Integrated Health Services Plan priorities and improve outcomes of care.
- Coordinates and conducts analysis of local health-care system based on provincial data, community input and other sources for purpose of identifying gaps and establishing planning and integration priorities.
- Analyzes and prioritizes opportunities for local system integration and coordination in alignment with the Ministry’s strategic directions
- Works with staff to identify appropriate stakeholder management methodologies to meet planning requirements.
- Assists with and coordinates the delivery of LHIN community events including planning and logistics.
- Identifies, selects and uses appropriate planning approaches, such as: needs-based predictive models and community input, to be used in the development of the Integrated Health Services Plan (IHSP) and health capacity planning.
- Promotes high-quality research, develops planning methodology and provides leadership for actionable, measurable results-driven improvement strategies.
- Conducts effective stakeholder consultation related to planning, assessed impact of planning recommendations and decisions, advances integration activities, and promotes consensus among stakeholders for action required.
- Manages project plans. Provides advice and input from the planning and integration perspective to the development of health care system funding plans.
- Develops innovative approaches for provider partnerships and selects among alternative approaches to achieve system coordination and integration.
- Works with and engages staff, providers and stakeholders to facilitate the development of strategies and activities that improve access, coordinate care and promote integration.
- Participates in and contributes to provincial and inter-LHIN planning and community engagement activities.
- Provides group leadership to division planners/staff and manages their work and priorities during project assignments and manages project plans and budget allocations for planning, integration and coordination initiatives.
- Provides and manages technical planning input towards the statistical analysis of health improvement initiatives.
- Builds internal and external collaborations and partnerships to advance planning integration outcomes.
- Monitors and evaluates planning and community engagement outcomes.
- Shares leading practices for coordination of planning or projects with other LHINs and participates in dialogue on community engagement methods and performance evaluation.
- Provides advice and input from the planning and community engagement perspective to the development of health-care system plans for stakeholders, planning, and the senior leadership team.
- Negotiates integration and coordination agreements with providers and stakeholders.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Post-secondary /Master’s Degree in health administration, health capacity planning, business administration or relevant field.
- Certified Health Care Leaders Certificate an asset.
- Minimum 5 years senior management experience.
- Demonstrated experience in community outreach, consultation or stakeholder management and familiarity with current theory and techniques of community engagement.
- Demonstrated experience with facilitation techniques and processes, including experience developing and facilitating large complex sessions involving diverse stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience working effectively in partnership with broad range of individuals and organizations of diverse backgrounds, preferably within the health care sector.
- Skills and experience in event planning and implementation.
- Significant senior level planning experience, preferably within a health-care environment.
- Proven skill and success in large, complex planning projects.
- Expert ability to select and apply multiple planning methodologies as appropriate.
- Excellent project management skills including budgeting, planning and communication.
- Superior interpersonal and relationship management skills, supported by excellent written and oral communication skills.
- In-depth understanding of the Ontario health-care system, its stakeholders, programs and issues.
- French language an asset.
Nature and Scope:
- Internally, must work closely with LHIN planning and integration staff to identify opportunities for community consultation and provide feedback based on community interactions. Must also communicate with employees throughout the organization to present, discuss information and problems related to undertaking the priority setting analysis and health planning functions.
- Externally, must maintain relationships with individuals and organizations both from within the healthcare sector and across the broader community. Must also, communicate directly with various stakeholders to obtain and exchange the information required by the planning group to perform their analytical work, and gains consensus and agreement on the needs, priorities and integration plans and initiatives.
- Level of Responsibility: The position provides leadership in planning, integration and community engagement with the development of consultation strategies, methods and processes as well as modeling, sustainable improvement, priority-setting analysis and health planning and integration. Works closely with the Director, Health System Design and Development to determine business plans and priorities.
- Decision-Making Authority: The position provides recommendations and works closely
- with the Director, Health System Design and Development in the development and implementation of community consultation methods and processes as well as identifying key decisions related to priority setting and health planning and integration. The position supports appropriate planning methodologies.
- Physical and Sensory Demands: Minimal demands typical of a senior professional
- position in an office environment.
- Working Environment: Minimal exposure to disagreeable conditions associated with a senior professional position within an office environment.