Deadline January 29, 2016
If you are passionate about a career in helping all children and youth value and enjoy the lifelong benefits of healthy active living, we want to meet you!
Ophea is a dynamic not-for-profit organization with a staff of approximately 30 individuals and a mandate to champion healthy, active living in schools and communities through quality programs and services, partnerships and advocacy. Services are provided to a variety of individuals including elementary and secondary school teachers, public health professionals, and recreation leaders. Ophea also works closely with provincial government ministries, corporations, and other not-for-profit organizations.
The Web Communications Projects Leader provides technology expertise in leadership and project management to support the planning and implementation of Ophea’s funded deliverables and organizational priorities
Knowledge (formal education or general knowledge) required:
- Post Secondary education in content management, communications or related discipline. Knowledge of the health and physical activity community, particularly as it pertains to children and youth is an asset.
Skills & Experience required:
- 3-5 years experience in leading and coordinating the development and maintenance of web based systems and databases. Experience working with technology consultants and designers to determine the look and functionality of web based systems and databases. Experience in social media is considered an asset. Computer experience in different types of platforms and packaged and/or customized applications including word processing, data and content management and the internet is required. Experience working with content management systems (i.e., Drupal) and design software is also required. Proven project management skills are required. Bilingualism is an asset.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads research, planning and coordination of all development and ongoing maintenance of all Ophea's web based systems and data bases including http://www.ophea.net and other programmatic websites.
- Leads the planning of technology budgets and is responsible for monitoring and maintaining budgets.
- Leads planning and monitoring of technology activities and works with the Web Communications Architect to facilitate Discovery Meetings. Works in conjunction with program staff and key suppliers to identify information architecture and user experience requirements.
- Coordinates all administrative technology activities for the organization and works with the Web Communications Architect and key suppliers to obtain technical support.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To apply, please submit your resume, cover letter and salary expectations no later than January 29, 2016.