Deadline February 29, 2016
The objective of the Cities for People Civic Innovation Awards is to support initiatives that position post-secondary institutions as civic actors catalyzing positive change in cities. The award supports innovative collaborations between post-secondary institutions and community organizations or businesses that strengthen their communities.
This is a call for existing initiatives, products, processes or programs that contribute to the knowledge and resources in our post-secondary campuses, community organizations, businesses and local governments. The Foundation aims to challenge and evolve the defining routines, resources and authority flows of our cities for the greater good.
There are two relevant themes:
- Theme 1. Innovative Citizenship and Service: Enhancing capacity to engage and take action on community and city issues (review examples at http://www.mcconnellfoundation.ca/news/announcing-the-civic-innovation-a...)
- Theme 2. Enhancing the Civic Commons: Re-purposing our shared city assets through innovative approaches to increase the social, cultural, economic or educational value of the civic commons (review examples at http://www.mcconnellfoundation.ca/news/announcing-the-civic-innovation-a...)
- Up to $100,000 will be awarded in amounts ranging from $10,000 to $50,000.
- The J.W. McConnell Family Foundation application deadline is February 29, 2016.
- For more information and the application form, please visit http://www.mcconnellfoundation.ca/news/announcing-the-civic-innovation-a....