Deadline February 19, 2016
Full-time permanent position
You are an analytical thinker and strategic leader with good judgment. You operate easily on both systems and operational levels. Your attention to detail and ability to analyze data enables you to identify patterns and issues and create process improvements and solutions within a regulatory environment. You possess strong management and communication skills and are comfortable working with both internal and external stakeholders. You embrace change and are able to motivate others during process change. You have the ability to forecast expenditures and maintain an annual operational budget. If this is you, please consider joining the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario as a Manager, Investigations.
In this role, you will lead a mulitidisciplinary team responsible for investigating and resolving concerns about physician care and conduct. Adhering to risk-based case management, you will establish team targets and standards related to department operations and be responsible for your team’s performance. You will recruit, orient, develop, and engage team members with an eye toward continuous practice and service improvement and outcomes.
You will work with managers of other investigation teams to develop consistent strategies and protocols. You will also contribute to setting and meeting the Department goals and objectives relating to College strategic priorities and initiatives as part of the department management team.
- Graduate-level education in health, public or business administration, law, education, or equivalent and relevant experience required, with a preferred undergraduate background in a health-related discipline
- Previous regulatory experience required, with a preference for investigation experience
- Management experience providing leadership to a large group of staff
- Dispute resolution proficiency, superior analytic skills, and demonstrated creative problem-solving abilities
- Demonstrated ability in process improvement, program evaluation, or project management
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with demonstrated public speaking and presentation experience
- Demonstrated technical abilities in Windows and Microsoft Office, with database experience
The College offers a flexible 35-hour week and is located at 80 College Street, Toronto, Ontario.
To apply, forward your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 19, 2016
Our client, the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario (CPSO) is the self-regulating body for the province's medical profession. The College regulates the practice of medicine to protect and serve the public interest. It issues certificates of registration to doctors to allow them to practise medicine, monitors and maintains standards of practice through peer assessment and remediation and investigates complaints against doctors on behalf of the public.
HR Associates is the exclusive search partner to College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario. Please visit us at http://www.hrassociates.ca.