Deadline February 8, 2016
Full-time permanent position
You are an efficient and organized communicator who has many years of demonstrated experience supporting legal counsel in a fast paced environment with demanding deadlines. You are able to apply your strong attention to detail to a variety of administrative tasks. If this is you, consider applying to join the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario as a Legal Assistant.
Providing administrative support for two legal counsel, you will be responsible for preparing and drafting a variety of legal documentation including, but not limited to, disclosure, appeal books, hearing briefs, correspondence, and draft orders. You will assist in preparing prosecutions of cases referred to the Discipline and Fitness to Practice Committees, including the preparation of committee submissions. You will engage with external stakeholders, such as counsel, court staff, and medical professionals, and coordinate routine administrative matters.
- Post-secondary education with a minimum of 5-10 years of work experience in a legal field
- Legal Assistant and/or Clerk Certification
- Demonstrated experience preparing detailed legal documents with thorough knowledge of litigation, provincial/regulatory law judicial process
- Superior organizational, interpersonal, and oral and written communication skills
- Proven ability to work efficiently and effectively in a fast paced environment with multiple tasks and responsibilities
- Proficiency in the MS Office Suite and knowledge of Dictaphone operation; experience with summation or equivalent case management software is an asset
The College offers a flexible 35-hour week and is located at 80 College Street, Toronto, Ontario
To apply, forward your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 8th, 2016.
The College’s Legal Office is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and is actively seeking to increase their diversity by welcoming applications from visible minorities, aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity.
HR Associates is the exclusive search partner to College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario. Please visit us at http://www.hrassociates.ca.
Our client, the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario (CPSO) is the self-regulating body for the province's medical profession. The College regulates the practice of medicine to protect and serve the public interest. It issues certificates of registration to doctors to allow them to practise medicine, monitors and maintains standards of practice through peer assessment and remediation and investigates complaints against doctors on behalf of the public.