Deadline February 14, 2016
Service: Communications and Social Marketing
Reports to: Director, Communications and Social Marketing
Position(s) Supervised: none
Status: Full time; permanent
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posting Date: February 3, 2016
CATIE is Canada’s source for accessible, evidence-based information about HIV and hepatitis C prevention, testing, care, treatment and support. CATIE strengthens the national response to HIV and hepatitis C by fostering collaboration and capacity among people living with HIV and/or hepatitis C and other affected populations, frontline service providers and researchers to reduce transmission and improve health and well-being.
The Specialist, Advertising and Digital Marketing is responsible for the implementation and management of CATIE’s advertising strategy, social media strategy and media outreach.
- In collaboration with the Director, develop the marketing plan and promotional strategy that inform the advertising strategy;
- In collaboration with the Director, develop the advertising strategy and create annual advertising plans according to a set budget and supporting the overall marketing plan;
- Manage the placement of all online and print ads in various venues, measure performance where applicable and optimize advertising strategy accordingly;
- Develop creative briefs for advertisements, draft copy and collaborate with external agencies and suppliers to produce print and online work targeted to specific audiences. Ensure consistency with the advertising and promotional strategy;
- Identify and provide recommendations for new advertising venues to maximize promotion of CATIE’s products and services to targeted audiences;
- Identify opportunities to advertise CATIE in partner organizations’ communication vehicles;
- Promote CATIE services and resources during events and stakeholder site visits by developing targeted promotional materials, attending certain events as assigned, and networking with key contacts.
- In collaboration with Director, develop a media outreach strategy designed to raise awareness of CATIE’s products, services and expertise in HIV and HCV, in key print and online media outlets;
- Implement the media outreach strategy by writing ongoing editorial content, as well as working with other CATIE staff members to create editorial content;
- In collaboration with the Director, develop and disseminate statements and briefing notes to media and service providers on issues as they emerge.
- Develop a social media strategy in support of CATIE’s media outreach strategy and marketing plan, develop and coordinate content for CATIE’s social media platforms, and maintain an up-to-date editorial calendar (reflecting scheduled items for Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and the CATIE Blog);
- Post content, engage audiences online on a regular basis, and expand CATIE’s overall social media and blog audience base;
- Enlist the participation of CATIE staff across departments to contribute content to CATIE’s social media channels;
- Participate in the publications development process to adapt and optimize content for social media;
- Monitor CATIE’s social media activity and recommend changes in strategy as indicated by such monitoring;
- Regularly report back on social media metrics, campaigns and trends;
- Expand CATIE’s social media strategy onto new platforms, where applicable, and manage the technologies and content development required for these new platforms;
- Record the organization’s social media activities and assist in reporting this information to funders.
- In collaboration with the Director, develop promotional plans and creative briefs for the effective promotion of CATIE products and services to targeted audiences;
- Oversee branding compliance by ensuring consistency across the products and services offered by the organization, as well as providing branding guidelines to CATIE departments and external suppliers;
- Support CATIE staff in the development of editorial content intended for media (for example, encouraging original articles or repurposed pieces for external media outlets and social media postings);
- Work with various departments to develop strategies to promote CATIE print and online resources, services and educational outreach initiatives;
- Develop and maintain an editorial calendar for the effective coordination of promotional messages across various platforms (external media, advertising and social media);
- Coordinate centralized creative services for CATIE’s Communications and Social Marketing initiatives, including developing the creative concept in-house and communicating with external suppliers to support graphic design and print production. Ensure brand adherence in all outreach communications;
- Implement project-specific communications (through advertising, editorial outreach and social media) as assigned by the Director, Communications and Social Marketing;
- Assist the Director, Communications and Social Marketing with yearly budget development and implementation across all departmental projects.
- Responsible for organizational reporting on marketing activities;
- Assist the Director, Communications and Social Marketing with the departmental reporting on Communications and Social Marketing activities to PHAC, OCHART and other funding bodies;
- Develop resources for the Communications Toolkit;
- Work collaboratively with staff and provide mutual support to colleagues in fulfilling CATIE’s mission. Take a proactive customer-service approach to assisting other departments with high-quality social marketing services;
- Participate in staff meetings, projects and planning processes as needed;
- Contribute to internal communications and a healthy work environment;
- Represent CATIE effectively at conferences and other gatherings across Canada and provide back-up or assist the Coordinator, Events and Events Marketing, when required.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Experience managing social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, WordPress, Hootsuite) and ability to monitor, track and measure key performance indicators using various online tools;
- Experience with managing online ad campaigns (banner ads, CPC ads) and measuring campaign effectiveness using Google AdWords and Analytics and other online tools;
- Experience working with graphic designers, developing creative briefs and ability to write ad copy;
- Ability and desire to stay up-to-date on the latest social media and online trends (essential);
- Attention to detail and ability to track multiple projects and meet competing deadlines;
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team;
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to travel and work with diverse communities;
- Bilingualism (French/English) is a highly desirable attribute.
CATIE is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from: people living with HIV and/or hepatitis C; visible minorities and people with culturally diverse backgrounds; people of all gender identities and sexual orientations; and people with disabilities.
Interested applicants should visit our web site at http://www.catie.ca.
E-mail responses preferred. No phone calls, please.
We thank you for your interest, however, only those applicants to be interviewed will be contacted.
Deadline for applications: February 14, 2016
Submit applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: To reduce the number of “spam” responses to this posting, respondents must include the following text in the Subject line of your e-mail: CATIE Job Spec