Deadline February 19, 2016
Parachute is seeking an experienced, results driven Coordinator, Knowledge Translation. In this role you will be responsible for the implementation and evaluation of a variety of research and knowledge translation initiatives within Parachute. You will act as the first point of contact to a variety of internal and external stakeholders as well as a central resource to assist with building capacity related to knowledge translation and exchange at Parachute.
Parachute is a national, charitable organization dedicated to preventing injuries and saving lives. Parachute’s injury prevention solutions, knowledge mobilization, public policy, and social awareness efforts are designed to help Canadians reduce their risks of injury while achieving Parachute’s vision of an injury-free Canada where Canadians enjoy long lives lived to the fullest. For more information, visit www.parachutecanada.org.
- Conduct regular reviews of current publications for research that could impact and/or influence Parachute’s information, positions.
- Maintain a knowledge management system that houses central organizational resources.
- Provide support to various internal stakeholders to ensure work is evidence based, correctly referenced.
- Support and provide training for KT to internal and external stakeholders.
- Represent, participate and/or present at external events such as conferences, meetings, workshops and seminars.
- Support the KT Management Strategy within the organization KT Framework.
- Contribute to grant and funding applications.
- Maintain organizational subscriptions to journals and other publications.
- Serve as the liaison to organize participation of groups of stakeholders, manage the communications between and among these groups.
- Under graduate training in Health Promotion, Knowledge Translation or Knowledge Management or related field.
- Knowledge of epidemiology, data collection, statistical analysis.
- Experience and/or training in injury prevention.
- Experience in applied research and evaluation.
- Experience in a range of related activities including written/oral communication
- Knowledge of the Canadian health care system.
- Ability to travel.
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication (both written and verbal) and presentation skills.
- Excellent judgment, problem solving, analytical and organizational skills.
- Exemplary project management skills; highly detail oriented.
- Demonstrates tact, sensitivity and diplomacy in dealing with various stakeholders; able to effectively build relationships.
- Self motivated and works well both independently as well as in a team environment.
- Demonstrates initiative, creativity and flexibility.
- Ability to manage competing priorities and multiple projects, simultaneously, with varying degrees of complexity.
- French language an asset.
Posting Date: February 4, 2016
Closing Date: February 19, 2016
How to apply: Apply directly on-line to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax your curriculum vitae and cover letter to Knowledge Translation search Human Resources 416-596-2721.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.