Deadlines February 16 & 19, 2016
Internal/External Job Posting
Temporary full-time contract; 12 month Maternity Leave coverage
Posting Number: 2016-004
Davenport-Perth Neighbourhood and Community Health Centre (DPNCHC) is a multi-service organization that provides a wide variety of health and community programs and services for a diverse community. Our Health Centre operates a busy family practice. Our health team is seeking an energetic Registered Nurse who will provide primary health care and promotion to the families in our community. You'll work with a multi-disciplinary team of physicians, nurse practitioners, dietitian, physiotherapist, psychiatric consultant, and counselor therapists.
As part of our clinical team, the nurse will work within his/her scope of practice to provide primary health care and promotion to the families in our community. The successful candidate will work independently as well as part of a team. There is also the responsibility of working one evening a week and providing support to offsite partnership clinics including a refugee shelter and a youth clinic.
- Previous experience in community based primary health care within a culturally diverse community
- Nursing diploma or degree with certificate of current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Effective facilitation and group development skills
- Ability to interact positively with people of diverse cultures and marginalized populations
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a member of a multi-disciplinary team
- Strong time management skills as well as ability to prioritize tasks
- Ability to translate medical terminology into a form easily understood by clients
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Computer literacy
- Interest in exploring innovative service delivery approaches
- Second language, relevant to the catchment area populations (Portuguese, Spanish and Mandarin), is an asset
Salary range: $56,365-$67,908 per annum plus extended health benefits.
Start date: May 23, 2016. This is a Bargaining Unit position.
Submit resume and cover letter to: Posting No. 2016-004 at [email protected] or mail to 1900 Davenport Rd, Toronto, ON M6N 1B7.
- Internal: 5:00 pm, February 16, 2016
- External: 5:00 pm, February 19, 2016.
Davenport-Perth Neighbourhood and Community Health Centre encourages applications from candidates, whose background is diverse in terms of culture, race, language, religion, class, gender /sexual orientation, including those who may need accommodation. As a condition of employment, all prospective employees will be required to undertake a Vulnerable Sector Screening with Police Services. Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please. DPNCHC is a perfume free environment.