Deadline February 19, 2016
One year contract/secondment
You have experience providing administrative and clerical support to a team in a fast paced environment. You have superior organizational and communication skills and the ability to manage multiple deadlines under tight time constraints. If this is you, consider applying to join the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario as an Investigative Assistant.
As a member of the Investigations and Resolutions Department, you will be providing support to Investigators throughout the investigative process. This will include the review of new files, drafting correspondence to all related parties, and obtaining consent, medical records, and other information at the direction of Investigators. You will assist in the formatting and editting of Investigative Reports and prepare physician history for presentation to Committees.
You will provide a variety of administrative support, including arranging scheduling for Investigators, completing clerical office tasks such as photocopying and filing, and entering detailed records on the Case Administration Tracking System. When required, you will establish first contact with the complainant and respond to telephone inquiries from complainants, physicians, Committee members, legal counsel, witnesses, and others.
- Post-secondary education and/or 2-3 years of related experience
- Mature and flexible attitude with excellent organizational and communication skills
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced environment with high volume workload and time constraints
- Demonstrated advanced technical abilities in Microsoft Office, especially Word and/or Word Perfect
- Minimum typing speed of 60 wpm preferred
- Knowledge of complaints process and investigative principles preferred
- Knowledge of medical/legal terminology, health care systems, and French language skills are assets
The College offers a flexible 35-hour week and is located at 80 College St., Toronto, ON.
To apply, forward your cover letter and resume to [email protected] by February 19, 2016.
HR Associates is the exclusive search partner to College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario. Please visit us at http://www.hrassociates.ca.
Our client, the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario (CPSO) is the self-regulating body for the province's medical profession. The College regulates the practice of medicine to protect and serve the public interest. It issues certificates of registration to doctors to allow them to practise medicine, monitors and maintains standards of practice through peer assessment and remediation and investigates complaints against doctors on behalf of the public.