February 29, 2016
Temporary Full Time
The Health Unit currently has an opening for a Temporary Full Time Summer Student Health Promoter. Working alongside a variety of public health professionals, the student will work with a multidisciplinary team to improve the health of Huron County residents using a population health approach. Work will contribute to the development, implementation and evaluation of health promotion initiatives at a local level. Specific work projects will depend on the successful candidate’s individual skill set and learning objectives.
- Enrollment in a full time undergraduate or graduate program in Health Promotion, Public Health, Health Sciences or other relevant areas of study
- Knowledge of health promotion strategies
- Community service experience
- Project management experience
- Research and literature review skills is an asset
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, both written and oral
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of Huron County and ability to work with its stakeholders, agencies and organizations
- Excellent computer skills
- Valid Ontario drivers licence and access to a reliable vehicle for work related travel
Hours: Temporary full time – 35 hours per week (weekends may be required)
Salary Range: As per non union student grid
Please forward your letter of application and resume in one PDF document by 4:30pm February 29th, 2016 to:
Email: humanresources [at] huroncounty [dot] ca
County of Huron
1 Courthouse Square
Goderich, Ontario N7A 1M2
The County of Huron is an equal opportunity employer. Accessibility accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted. Information is collected solely for the purpose of job selection under the provisions of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Posted: February 10th, 2016