April 21-22, 2016
Nancy’s Auditorium, YWCA Toronto, 87 Elm Street
Habitat Health Impact Consulting is excited to announce a new course in Health Impact Assessment--please join us to learn about or expand your knowledge of this useful tool.
Health Impact Assessment is a tool to help decision makers understand the health implications of policies, projects and programs for our communities. Learning about Health Impact Assessment (HIA) is timely as governments, communities and regulatory bodies are increasingly demanding that issues of community health be integrated into planning and decision-making processes, whether for large-scale industrial developments, the designing of new neighbourhoods or transit plans, or the development of public policy. HIA is a tool that systematically identifies health impacts from a community perspective and informs decision-makers of possible positive and negative effects, and importantly, provides suggestions for sustainable steps forward.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Better understand the linkages between project and policy components and community health
- Identify the types of projects that are most suitable for HIA
- Understand what is required to complete the 6-step HIA process
- Troubleshoot challenges with HIA project management
- Identify key stakeholders to involve in HIA
- Talk to decision-makers about what HIA could bring to the decision-making process
Who should attend:
- People who work for local or regional health agencies
- Personnel from government ministries such as environment & parks, education, seniors, transportation, etc.
- Municipal and regional planners
- Community-based organizations
We invite you to join Habitat Health Impact Consulting (www.habitatcorp.com), leading experts in the field of HIA, for two days of interactive and informative learning in Toronto. Habitat is an international leader in the field of HIA, with experience in Ontario, other Canadian provinces, across North America and overseas. Throughout the course we will share with you our experiences of working with communities, governments, Tribal governments and industry to solve complicated health challenges, helping you to expand your understanding of this tool and trouble shoot challenges.
Please register by Friday, April 1st, 2016 to reserve your seat. Registration can be found online at: http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/2402350/fa2e86607c1b.
Cost: $395 + GST
If you have questions or are unsure if this training is appropriate for you or your organization, please don’t hesitate to contact us ([email protected]).