No deadline noted
Temporary: Full time - 1 year contract
This posting will remain open until the position is filled.
We are looking for a great candidate who believes in promoting a knowledge sharing and learning culture. If this is your passion then please read the following:
Ontario Trillium Foundation (OTF) is the largest granting foundation in Canada and its strategic investments support programs and projects that we know contribute to community wellbeing across Ontario.
OTF is launching the first online knowledge centre to connect all of Ontario’s non profit sector for learning and engagement. As Canada’s largest grant-maker, we connect every day with organizations and groups that work to improve Ontario’s communities. And our investments in communities are designed to catalyse the important work done by non profits to achieve positive changes in communities. Through our knowledge management strategy we will be able to capture and share the knowledge that already exists in communities, as well as the learning and knowledge that is generated through our investment, in order to have greater impact.
As we build our knowledge centre, we have an exciting opportunity for a Knowledge Translation Specialist to impact the sector as a thought-leader and community builder.
Reporting to the Director, Measurement, Evaluation and Learning, under the leadership of OTF’s Knowledge Management Officer, your role will be essential in helping us cultivate digital relationships and foster knowledge sharing through content creation and online engagement.
Key Area of Responsibility:
- Researching, reviewing, developing, contributing to and/or writing content for primary distribution on OTF’s online Knowledge Centre.
- Working with OTF’s Strategy Leads as key Subject Matter Experts to capture and share key learnings in OTF’s Action Areas.
- Supporting the general uptake of knowledge assets by increasing engagement in OTF’s online Knowledge Centre, including contributing to and moderating forums, and guiding others who are new to online community building.
Skills and Attributes:
- You are skilled and knowledgeable, with solid, hands-on experience in developing top-notch online knowledge products of all kinds (articles, reports, presentations, elearning content, tip sheets, forum posts etc.).
- You have experience in developing and managing communities of practice with a focus on online engagement, and this experience may include personal, active participation in social media.
- You are comfortable working with diverse stakeholder groups, with varying levels of technical aptitude and receptiveness to change, in a highly collaborative environment.
- You have a minimum of five (5) years of experience working in a knowledge translation/exchange capacity. This may include work in online community management, adult education, technical communications, and social media.
- We expect a minimum of an undergraduate degree in an applied social science, communications or library science. We also expect you to be a continuous learner in subjects related to information design, knowledge translation and knowledge mobilization.
- Intermediate level experience with SharePoint is mandatory, with knowledge of SharePoint 2013 preferred.
For more information and to apply online, please visit http://www.otf.ca/job-posting/knowledge-translation-specialist?redirected=1.