Deadline March 17, 2016
Job Title: T4A Post-Doctoral Fellow - TARGet Kids
Department: T4A Employees
Job Category: Research
New Work Type: Full-Time Temporary
Positions Available: 1
Union Affiliation: NU
Fellowship with TARGet Kids! Early Childhood Health, Nutrition and Development
We are seeking a post-doctoral fellow who is pursuing an academic career in the field of child health, nutrition and development using epidemiology skills. The fellow will be involved in developing innovative approaches to modeling infant and child health and developmental trajectories in a large longitudinal cohort. There will also be opportunities for development and/or analyses of randomized controlled trials. The fellow will be focused on the The Applied Research Group for Kids - TARGet Kids! cohort (http://www.targetkids.ca). Based at the Li Ka Shing Research Institute, the fellowship will be supervised by Dr. Jonathon Maguire and integrated with the TARGet Kids! collaboration with investigators from multiple institutes. The fellowship will provide an opportunity to enhance advanced skills in quantitative epidemiology, broaden knowledge and experience in the field of early child health, nutrition and development, and interact with a dynamic community of researchers including epidemiologists, nutritional scientists, statisticians, clinicians, and trainees.
Here’s What You’ll Get To Do:
- Design and conduct longitudinal analyses on cohort datasets.
- Design and conduct analyses for randomized controlled clinical trials.
- Disseminate research and findings through presentations and peer-reviewed publications.
- Work in collaboration with a team of experienced researchers and trainees.
- Mentor junior trainees.
Here’s What You’ll Need
- PhD in Epidemiology or Biostatistics (or equivalent).
- Experience using the biostatistical software R or SAS.
- Record of publications reflecting experience in quantitative epidemiology.
- Experience working with longitudinal data and/or trial design and analysis.
- Interest in maternal, newborn, and child health.
- Motivation and the ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Strong communications skills (oral and written).
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational and critical thinking skills.
Employment Type: Temporary, Full-Time (one year contract)
To apply please send a statement of research interest, a curriculum vitae and names of three references via email to Kanthi Kavikondala @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be accepted until March 17th, 2016. Please note that Post-Doctoral Fellows are not employees of St. Michael's Hospital.
Please apply directly to Kanthi Kavikondala. Do not submit your resume through the SMH career website.