Deadline March 9, 2016
Progressive. Collaborative. Accountable.
Draw on your passion. Shape our community.
Progressive and collaborative, with a clear, long-term vision. We value employees’ contributions and inspire excellence. We are driven by a desire to help shape and serve the growing community in which we live and work.
Health Educator #18688
Community and Health Services Department
Public Health Branch, Infectious Diseases Control Division
Location: Vaughan, Ontario. This is a Union position.
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 35; Scheduled Shifts: 0830 - 1630
Temporary Full-Time, Approx. 4 months, Salary $42.24 - $45.92 per hour
Reporting to the Supervisor, CQI and Policy and Planning, is responsible for developing, marketing and delivering programs to achieve the standards and requirements of the Ontario Public Health Standards (OPHS) and Protocols, Ontario Ministry of Health and Long Term Care pursuant to Section 7 of the Health Protection and Promotion Act, R.S.O., 1990, c.H.7. for the defined area of program and responsibility.
- Successful completion of a University Degree in Health Sciences, Health Promotion, and/or Adult Education or related field.
- Minimum one (1) year experience in developing, implementing and evaluating community wide initiatives and programs using demonstrated skills in marketing.
- Experience in writing reports and grant proposals and in conducting research, including the analysis of statistical data and trends.
- A valid Ontario driver’s license and a reliable vehicle for use on corporate business.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated ability in corporate core competencies including customer service, communication, team work, initiative/self management and accountability, and flexibility/adaptability.
- Knowledge of health promotion/adult education theories and the ability to apply these theories in order to develop related programs for a specific target population.
- Knowledge of social marketing.
- Effective public speaking and presentation skills.
- Computer literacy in a Windows environment utilizing Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work effectively independently and cooperatively within a team environment.
- Ability to work outside of normal business hours as required.
Please apply on-line at http://www.york.ca by March 9, 2016, quoting competition #18688.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. For additional information on York Region, please visit the above-mentioned website.