Deadline March 8, 2016
Internal/External Job Posting:
Temporary full-time contract; 12 month Maternity Leave coverage
Posting Number: 2016-005
Davenport-Perth Neighbourhood Centre and Community Health Centre (DPNCHC) is a multi-service organization that provides a wide variety of health and community programs and services for a diverse community. The Community Health Centre, one of the many programs of DPNCHC, provides holistic health care using an inter-disciplinary team approach.
As part of our clinical team, the Nurse Practitioner will work within his/her extended scope of practice to provide primary health care and promotion to the families in this community. The successful candidate will be expected to work one evening a week; work independently and as part of a team; work on and off-site including home and hospital visiting and may participate in on-call services. This position also works independently at our youth clinic.
- Previous experience in community based primary health care within a culturally diverse community, with corresponding knowledge and commitment
- Baccalaureate nursing degree with Extended Class Certificate of Competence from CNO in primary health care
- Excellent health assessment skills, sound clinical judgment and diagnostic skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage clients with acute episodic and stable chronic illness
- Ability to order/interpret results of screening, diagnostic lab tests, x-rays and ultra sounds
- Experience prescribing drugs and knowledge of pharmacology
- Ability to determine the need for and implement health promotion, primary and secondary prevention strategies for individuals, families and communities
- Effective counselling and group development skills
- Ability to interact positively with people of diverse cultures and marginalized populations
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as an effective member of a multi-disciplinary team
- Excellent written and oral communication skill
- Word processing and computer literacy
- Interest in exploring innovative service delivery approaches
- Affiliation through language or culture with Caribbean, Hispanic or Portuguese communities considered an asset
Salary Range: $75,528–$90,996 per annum, plus health benefits.
Start Date: May 30, 2016. This position is part of the bargaining unit.
Submit resume and cover letter to:
Posting Number 2016-005 to email@example.com or mail to 1900 Davenport Road, Toronto, ON M6N 1B7
Due Dates: Internal Applicants: 5 pm, March 3, 2016. External Applicants: 5 pm, March 8, 2016.
Davenport-Perth Neighbourhood and Community Health Centre encourages applications from candidates, whose background is diverse in terms of culture, race, language, religion, class, gender /sexual orientation, including those who may need accommodation. As a condition of employment, all prospective employees will be required to undertake a Vulnerable Sector Screening with Police Services. Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please. DPNCHC is a perfume free environment.