Deadline March 18, 2016
Job Type: Summer Position
Location: Belleville Main Office, 179 North Park Street
Public Health Student: Hastings Prince Edward Public Health
Foundational Standards Student
Commencement Date: May 2, 2016 (16 weeks)
Closing Date: March 18, 2016 at 4:30pm
Job Summary: Reporting to the Foundational Standards Manager, the student will be responsible for data mining and analysis for a variety of public health topics. Report generation will be required. The student will also assist in program planning, program evaluations and the creation of an internal data sources inventory. Other tasks to be completed as assigned.
Qualifications: Graduate-level student in a health-related discipline with demonstrated strong data analysis and critical thinking; problem-solving; and time management skills. Knowledge of evaluation and epidemiological methods are required. Additional requirements include:
- Strong data analysis skills;
- Excellent oral and written communications skills;
- Exceptional organizational skills;
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite;
- Computer skills and use of the internet;
- A valid driver’s licence and use of a vehicle; and
- Demonstrated ability to use SAS programming an asset.
Normal Working Hours: 8:30 am to 4:30 pm - Flexible working hours may be required.
Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org with cover letter and resume by March 18, 2016 at 4:30pm.
Paper cover letters/resumes will not be accepted.
Please quote: Graduate Summer Student in e-mail subject line