[Deadline added March 11, 2016]
Deadline March 27, 2016
WellFort is a non-profit, values based organization that provides health promotion and prevention programs, primary health care and works with local residents and other agencies to increase community capacity. Members of the WellFort family include Bloom Clinic, Bramalea CHC, Diabetes Education Program, Four Corners, and Health n’ Smiles. WellFort is committed to providing inclusive, accessible and sustainable programs and services to a diversely rich community through its service delivery philosophy; Open Focused Care. We are seeking individuals with a passion and commitment towards innovation and an inclusive workplace that respects and values the diversity of every individual.
WellFort is now recruiting for a part time Dentist for Health n’ Smile.
- Obtains complete medical history and verifies/applies medical history prior to treatment.
- Performs complete oral examinations, formulates comprehensive treatment plans, informs clients of and obtains consent for treatment plans including hygiene.
- Performs recall exams and works in conjunction with hygiene team to ensure comprehensive oral health of clients on a regular basis.
- Performs non emergency dental treatments such as restorations, crown and bridge, endodontic, periodontal.
- Responsible for fabrication of dental prosthetic appliances.
- Prescribes antibiotics and administers local anesthetics.
- Orders and interprets x-rays.
- Supervises care provided by Dental Assistants.
- Performs universal precaution procedures for infection control.
- Charts in accordance with the clinic’s dental charting guidelines and standards.
- Degree in Doctor of Dental Surgery, licensed and in good standing with RCDSO.
- Experience working in a community dental clinic or in a public health environment an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with clients and staff in a community clinic.
- Familiar and comfortable with working in a values based organization.
- Languages relevant to the residents of Peel Region a definite asset.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a willingness to participate in WellFort’s commitment to becoming an inclusive, barrier free health centre and an ability to work in an interdisciplinary team.
WellFort is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to embracing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the requirement process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.
This position requires flexibility in hours of work to support accessible program service delivery and our hours of operation. As such the position entails evening and weekend work.
Please forward your resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by application deadline.
Please quote “DDS” in the subject line. No phone calls please. Only successful candidates will be contacted.