Richmond Hill, Ontario
Deadline April 4, 2016
Play a key role in identifying and mitigating potential risks and high-risk situations, and the promotion of patient safety across the organization!
This is an excellent career move for a health care risk management leader who can make decisions independently and work collaboratively on risk-related matters of importance to the Central Community Care Access Centre (CCAC). Reporting to the Manager, Risk Management and Patient Safety, you will provide support and leadership in the implementation of the Central CCAC Risk Management and Patient Safety program. This will involve directing, developing, and providing advice and support for risk management activities within the organization, as well as emergency management initiatives, while managing relationships with multiple stakeholders.
As a Risk Management Specialist, you can expect to:
- Provide risk management expertise and support at all levels of the organization.
- Support information collection, analysis and follow-up for risk management, safety and patient-related events.
- Promote organizational safety activities in alignment with accreditation requirements.
- Support managers with the analysis of specific incidents that carry a potential or actual liability for the organization.
- Provide support with case review, root cause analysis and advice for potential safety events.
- Ability to work with and be the point of contact for external stakeholders such as the Coroner’s Office, HIROC, Law Enforcement, Emergency Management and legal counsel.
- Provide leadership regarding the application of appropriate legislative and regulatory requirements.
- Assist in responding to safety alerts from various sources.
- Lead and coordinate the emergency preparedness program across the Central CCAC.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with the Patient Services department to identify areas of concern and implement risk management and quality improvement initiatives.
Your professional strengths for the role of Risk Management Specialist will include:
- Demonstrated expertise in safety and risk management practices in the health care sector.
- A Health Science degree or equivalent health care experience (Regulated Health Professional preferred).
- Demonstrated ability to promote and actively support the ongoing development of a culture of safety and quality care.
- Previous experience in risk assessments, root cause analysis, education and related policy and procedure development to facilitate effective process changes.
- Demonstrated understanding of legislation that may impact the specific identified risk, including, but not limited to, the Health Care Consent Act, Substitute Decisions Act, and Privacy Legislation, and ability to explain the utilization of legislation to staff.
- Ability to resolve conflict and challenges in situations that may be demonstrative or sensitive from a legal or risk perspective.
- Ability to identify and manage multiple priorities with confidence, flexibility, and service orientation.
- Knowledge of emergency practices, quality reporting principles, and risk management theory and processes.
- Previous experience in quality and risk management projects or initiatives.
- Demonstrated analytical skills, critical thinking, and problem-solving ability.
- High level of computer literacy and strong verbal and written communication skills to present information and report analysis to managers and staff at all levels of the CCAC and community organizations.
- Ability to develop affiliations with relevant community networks, and external bodies relating to risk, safety or emergency management.
Location: This position is based out of the Richmond Hill site, but will require travel between all sites within the Central CCAC.
To Apply: Please submit your resume and cover letter in one document email@example.com by Monday, April 4th, 2016. Please note that applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Central CCAC is committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of our hiring process. Please let us know if you have any special requirements during the recruitment process.