Deadline April 29, 2016
Job Type: Full Time
Compensation: $31.020 - $44.060/hr. 25 years experience: $44.840/hr.
St. Joseph’s Health Centre is a dynamic downtown community teaching hospital—a great place to learn, work and grow. We are a community of Many Faces with One Mission – which speaks to the diversity of the people that we serve and those who serve with us. At St. Joseph’s Health Centre, we value people; we are committed to creating a progressive professional environment that reflects a deep commitment to our mission and values. Working here means more than having a job; it means being part of a community where each and every member of our team is recognized and appreciated.
The Registered Nurse - Lactation will promote breastfeeding practices consistent with best-practice guidelines and facilitate clinical application of the guidelines and education consistent with the Baby Friendly Initiative for inpatients and outpatients. In collaboration with the interprofessional team in the Family Birthing Centre, NICU and Paediatrics, the Registered Nurse - Lactation will contribute to the teaching and support of staff and breastfeeding women and their newborns with a focus on addressing complex breastfeeding challenges.
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Previous experience as a Lactation Consultant required. Minimum 3-5 years experience strongly preferred.
- Current IBCLC designation required (International Board Certified Lactation Consultant).
- Current BLS certificate required.
- Previous experience working with premature infants preferred.
- Ability to speak a second language an asset.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to function effectively in a leadership/consultative role.
- Proven ability to lead practice changes.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem solving abilities.
- Computer skills required (word processing and presentation software).
- Flexibility re: scheduling.
- Satisfactory attendance record.
When applying, please include the job title in the subject line.
If you are interested and qualified for this position, we invite you to send us your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note while we value all applicants only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer