Deadline April 10, 2016
Make your impact in Public Health as the full-time Director of Environmental Health and Infectious Diseases at Middlesex-London Health Unit, one of the largest independent health units in Canada. The position is responsible for promoting and protecting health and preventing disease and injury by providing strategic leadership for public health programs. The Director participates as a member of the Senior Leadership Team in the formulation and implementation of policy and strategic priorities for the Health Unit, and represents the Health Unit with peers and community groups, agencies, institutions, and professional bodies.
In addition to contributing to organizational decision-making regarding the management of resources and operations, the successful candidate will also:
- Plan and direct program development, implementation and evaluation, informed by up-to-date research evidence, in divisional programs which include: Food Safety, Health Hazards, Healthy Environments, Safe Water, Infectious Diseases, Vaccine Preventable Disease, Sexual Health, and Emergency Management;
- Manage staff performance and budgets for the Environmental Health and Infectious Diseases division; and
- Advise Managers on project management and clinical/case management issues, and counsel accordingly on complex cases or situations.
- Progressive management experience in a range of Public Health services and management of internal and external stakeholder relationships, business planning, public health policy and program development, budget management, and human resource management in a unionized environment;
- Certification in a related health field such as Public Health Inspector [C.P.H.I.(C)], Public Health Nurse, or Physician.
- Master’s Degree in Public Health, Public Administration, Health Administration, Health Sciences, Environmental Science, or related area of study;
- Thorough knowledge of theories and principles of public health, including epidemiology, community health planning, health promotion, and program evaluation, and comprehensive technical knowledge, skills and field experience specializing in Environmental Health and/or Infectious Diseases, Emergency Management and Incident Management Systems.
- Demonstrated proficiency in senior management competencies including strategic thinking, leadership, risk management and fiscal accountability;
- Committed participation as a liaison to key public health partnerships,
- Effective decision-making and analytical skills with demonstrated innovation and results orientated leadership;
- Excellent skills in verbal and written communication, facilitation, public relations, interpersonal conflict resolution, and problem solving at all organizational levels; and
- Ability to communicate in French or other languages would be considered an asset.
Please see http://www.healthunit.com for further information about our programs and services and to apply to this position by April 10, 2016, quoting posting #DEHID-0316.
Human Resources, Middlesex-London Health Unit
50 King Street, London ON N6A 5L7 E-mail: email@example.com
Information concerning applicants is collected under the authority of the Health Protection & Promotion Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. H-7, as amended, and will be used to consider suitability for employment. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The Health Unit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Accommodations are available, upon request, to support potential applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Should you require accommodation, please contact our Human Resources Department at 519-663-5317, extension 2512 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Mission of the Middlesex-London Health Unit is to promote and protect the health of our community.