Deadline April 8, 2016
Job Classification Title: Supervisor Sexual Health Clinics
Requisition #: 2220991 X
Division: Public Health
Section: Communicable Disease Control - Sexual Health Clinics
Work Location: 2340 Dundas Street W.
Job Stream: Health
Job Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Salary/Rate: $90,958.40 - $106,870.40 / Year
Hours of Work (bi-weekly): 70.00
Shift Information: N/A
Wage Grade: EM7
Job Code (PSG): TM0531
Number of Positions Open: 1
Posting Date: 23-Mar-2016
Expiry date: 08-Apr-2016
- Provides supervision, training, and coordination of the certification process for Public Health Nurses (PHNs) and clinic assignment staff from affiliated sexual health programs
- Assists in the development, implementation and evaluation of medical directives which allow certified nurses and assignment staff to deliver delegated medical acts
- Monitors quality assurance measures in relation to medical directives as required by the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario and College of Nurses of Ontario
- Assists in the development of policies and procedures, including literature review, benchmarking best practices, research of evidence-based practices
- Works with clinic managers to supervise, motivate and train staff, ensuring effective teamwork, high standards of work quality and organizational performance, continuous learning and encourages innovation in others
- Assists in the identification, development and monitoring of program tracking, quality assurance, and quality improvement measures
- Liaises with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario and College of Nurses of Ontario in the preparation of approved medical directives and related policies and procedures
- Develops and delivers related training programs for new and experienced staff
- Responds to the information needs of others, including front-line staff, senior management, community groups and the media
- Prepares written reports and presentations
- Supervises full-time clinic staff, and staff with an assignment in sexual health clinics, and assists in ensuring the delivery of comprehensive, consistent, and safe sexual health clinical services in sites across the city
- Participates in hiring, and leads the orientation and ongoing training of clinic staff
- Monitors staff performance, participates in performance reviews, researches and implements strategies for professional development
- Provides consultation to staff regarding the management and follow-up of specific clinical situations and program delivery issues
- Supervises evening and weekend staff and activities, including work at different and unfamiliar sites
- Works as a member of the multidisciplinary clinic team to provide clinical service as needed
- Provides coverage, as needed, for Sexual Health Clinic managers
- A current Nurse Practitioner Primary Care Master's Degree or Certificate of Competence in the Extended Class in Primary Health Care from an educational program recognized by the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Current certification with no limits on ability to practice as a Nurse Practitioner/RN (EC) from the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Considerable experience in a primary care setting.
- Experience in the delivery of sexual health clinical services.
- Experience in supervision and/or leadership of staff.
- Experience in program development, training and evaluation.
- Ability to prepare reports and deliver effective presentations.
- Possession of a valid Class "G" Ontario Driver's Licence and access to a vehicle.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Familiarity with government legislation in the area of Occupational Health and Safety.
Work for the City you love
Toronto is Canada’s largest city, the fourth largest in North America, and home to a diverse population of about 2.8 million people. Consistently ranked one of the world’s most livable cities, we are a global centre for business, finance, arts and culture. Join the award-winning Toronto Public Service as Supervisor, Sexual Health Clinics within our Public Health Division.
How to Apply:
For more information on this and other opportunities with the City of Toronto, visit us online at http://www.toronto.ca/jobs. To apply online, submit your resume, quoting File #2220991 X, by April 8, 2016.
Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Applicants may receive written correspondence regarding this job posting directly to the email address provided on their resume or to the one used to set up their Candidate Profile if applying on TalentFlow. As an applicant, it is your responsibility to ensure that you check your email regularly.
The City of Toronto is committed to fostering a positive and progressive workforce that is representative of the citizens we serve. We will provide equitable treatment and accommodation to ensure barrier-free employment.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the City of Toronto's Accommodation Policy, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the City's hiring process.
To avoid any delays in the recruitment process, if you require accommodation to apply or if selected to participate in an assessment process, you must provide your accommodation needs in advance. You may also be required to submit adequate medical/other documentation to Human Resources to support your request for accommodation.