Deadline April 17, 2016
Salary range: $39,054- $47,054 plus benefits package
Position Type: Full-time Permanent, 1.0FTE
WellFort is a nonprofit values based organization that provides health promotion and prevention programs, primary health care and works with local residents and other agencies to increase community capacity. Members of the WellFort family include Bloom Clinic, WellFort, Diabetes Education Program, Four Corners, and Health n’ Smiles. WellFort is committed to providing inclusive, accessible and sustainable programs and services to a diversely rich community through its service delivery philosophy; Open Focused Care. We are seeking individuals with a passion and commitment towards innovation and an inclusive workplace that respects and values the diversity of every individual.
WellFort is now recruiting a Client Support worker for Bloom Clinic!
- Provide intake interviews and comprehensive client assessments
- Provide client support such as information, referral and arranging interpretation
- Assists clients with treatment/medical scheduling and health management issues
- Networks to ensure health and social services the stages education, support, care and treatment
- Assist clients and providers with forms completion
- Maintain relevant records, statistics and electronic data
- An undergraduate degree in a relevant field.
- Minimum of two years experience working in a community health/setting.
- Knowledge of health and social service providers in Peel.
- Ability to establish rapport and trust with clients.
- Ability to work independently and collaborate effectively in an interdisciplinary team environment.
- Demonstrated understanding of social determinants of health.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written, along with the ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Excellent communication skills along with the ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Proficiency in use of computers and various computer software applications
- Lived experience with HCV/HIV/AIDS a definite asset
- An understanding of or a strong commitment to adopting an Anti-Oppression practice
- Proficiency in language(s) relevant to Peel residents considered an asset.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a willingness to participate in WellFort’s commitment to becoming an inclusive, barrier free health centre and an ability to work in an interdisciplinary team.
WellFort is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted. This position requires flexibility in hours of work to support accessible program service delivery and the centre hours of operation. As such the position entails evening and weekend work.
Internal Applicants, please go to following link: https://workforcenow.adp.com/myportal/ess/recruitment/internalPostingPre....
External Applicants, please go to following link: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=wellfort&job....
Application deadline: April 17, 2016
No phone calls please. Only successful candidates will be contacted.