Deadline April 11, 2016
Status: Temporary Full Time (May 9, 2016 to approximately May 8, 2017)
Employee Group: CUPE Local 4700
Salary: $38.51 per hour; less $1 for first six months
Department: Health & Social Services
Division: Haldimand-Norfolk Health Unit
Reports To: Program Manager, Health Planning, Research and CQI
Location: 12 Gilbertson Drive, Simcoe
Posting Period: April 5, 2016 – April 11, 2016
The Health Planner is responsible for supporting the program staff and Health Unit Management with researching, designing, evaluating and planning public health policies and programs. The Health Planner also supports continuous quality improvement initiatives to work towards organizational effectiveness. Ensure the planned Health Unit programs and services are in alignment with the Ontario Public Health Standards.
- Master of Public Health degree required.
- Knowledge of the Ontario Public Health Standards.
- To meet and adhere to the Public Health Core Competencies as defined by the Public Health Agency of Canada.
- Over twelve months, up to and including two years related experience to be familiar with the scope of the position.
- Basic knowledge of the principles of health promotion.
- Proficient oral and written communication skills required.
- Valid Ontario driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle as travel required within Haldimand and Norfolk Counties.
- Computer expertise in corporate standard software (Microsoft Office) and department specific software to data search and entry and to create and modify word processed documents.
- Must be aware of safe work practices as they relate to job responsibilities and work environment, and have the basic understanding of the Occupational Health & Safety Act.
- Support the collection of evidence, evaluation and analysis of factors which promote and protect health and prevent disease.
- Provide recommendations to managers and program staff relating to the planning and evaluation of public health programs and policies.
- Provide leadership/consultation, direction, support and expertise in all areas of health planning to managers and program staff.
- Facilitate large and small scale planning for the health unit, using theoretical frameworks, data and other available forms of evidence.
- Support development of measurable objectives, indicators and outcomes.
- Select, adapt or create planning tools and resources for health unit staff to use.
- Collaborate on design for methodology for surveys, focus groups, data collection, and tools.
- Develop organizational policies and procedures in the areas of planning and organizational effectiveness.
- Collaborate on the development and implementation of information management systems to track public health program activities.
- Advise health unit management regarding staff training needs in the area of planning and evaluation.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
The Corporation of Norfolk County is an equal opportunity employer. Accessibility accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
Applications must be submitted through email, mail, fax, courier, or in person to Human Resources & Staff Development by 4:30 p.m. on the last day of the posting.
Human Resources & Staff Development – 185 Robinson Street, Suite 300, Simcoe ON N3Y 5L6 - Phone: 519-426-5870 - Fax: 519-427-5902 - Email: [email protected]
Successful applicants are required to provide the Employer with a current Criminal Reference Check.
Thank you for your interest in this position. Only those to be interviewed will be contacted.