Deadline April 24, 2016
The Middlesex-London Health Unit (MLHU) has an exciting opportunity for a part-time Health Promoter within the Environmental Health & Infectious Diseases Division. Under the direction of the Manager of the Infectious Disease Control team, the successful candidate will perform a variety of duties, including:
- Apply the following health promotion strategies to change behaviour and promote assigned health topics: education/awareness, skill building, creating a supportive environment, advocacy, policy development and facilitating community mobilization;
- Apply population health principles to develop resources and deliver programs on assigned topical areas;
- Monitor and analyze social research and epidemiological data related to community needs and operational planning;
- Participate in program planning and evaluation at the team, division, agency and community level;
- Collaborate with Public Health staff at MLHU and at other Health Units, and develop partnerships with community groups and government agencies; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related health or social sciences field. Master’s Degree in Health Promotion, Public Health, Health Sciences or related field is considered an asset.
- Knowledge, skills, and experience in the areas of: comprehensive health promotion (i.e. community mobilization), knowledge exchange, quality improvement, program planning, implementation, and evaluation.
- Knowledge and demonstrated expertise in using key theoretical models of health promotion Strong communication skills (written and verbal), along with strong facilitation, project management and organizational skills.
- Strong collaboration and partnership development skills with community groups and government agencies.
- Strong analytical skills to interpret and apply data.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with multidisciplinary teams.
- Valid Ontario driver’s license and own transportation.
- The ability to communicate (oral and written) in any other language(s) is highly desirable.
To apply to this position, please submit a resume and cover letter electronically via our Career Opportunities page at http://www.healthunit.com by April 24, 2016 quoting posting # IDCPTHP-0316.
Information concerning applicants is collected under the authority of the Health Protection & Promotion Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. H-7, as amended, and will be used to consider suitability for employment. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The Health Unit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Accommodations are available, upon request, to support potential applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Should you require accommodation, please contact our Human Resources Department at 519-663-5317, extension 2512 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Mission of the Middlesex-London Health Unit is to promote and protect the health of our community.